What to do about spam? Do LL care?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a spammer and I believe many other people on sl too, since it is a HUD that sends spam to everyone around the person who wear this HUD.

It happened a couple of times already, someone tped to our sim and the HUD he was wearing sent spam about an exchange service to everone on the sim,
2 notecards and a HUD. The owner of the server is a dead account, I believe it's an alt from the business owner of the exchange service.
Nothing written in the profile and he never answers.

I tped to the place from where the server sent the spam, the server is located in the office of the exchange service.

I contacted the owner of the exchange service and told him there is a server on his land which send spam to the whole grid.
His answer was that it is not his server but he allows someone to have a server there and he doesn't care what this server do.

I told him that it sendd spam to people, that it's a hud for his exchange service and he should take care about what happens at his land.
He refused to remove the server and told me that I could report him to LL, he would not care.

I reported the server's owner 2 times already and also reported the owner of the exchange service now, since he tolerate that someone else sends spam from his office about his business.

Strange thing is, the owner of this exchange service told me it is not his hud, it's from someone else.
I checked in his office and even if the hud is from someone else, the business owner himself gives away the hud in his office.
The hud is for his exchange business and the server is also at the office of the business owner.

How would you handle it? Does LL care at all about spam?
It gets anoying and is contra productive for a sim if spam gets send to everyone, to our renters, to our customers, to people who just visit and hang around.

Does the business owner have to take care about what happens on his land?

What can I do to stop him from sending spam?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

You start by filing an Abuse Report against every party involved including the enabler. Any Resident who experiences the spam in your Region may Report the problem by filing an Abuse Report.

If any Second Life rule or Policy is unclear to you, you may contact Support and request additional information.

A land owner does bear responsibility for events that He or She knowingly or willfully allows.

Ban, mute and Report. Make no personal attacks in your Reports, stick with the Facts and stay in honor. Quality reporting is superior to quantity.

You just click on one of his message and choose mute 

For the items sent  , you choose "close all" with sl2 or 3

And you can continue your usual activities . It s innofensive if you refuse everything 

If it s the guy i ve thought about it ( with a message to phone and a link to a bad site  but named linden )   , he  will probably with an another bot with zero days  to act in an another place an another day

Let s let waste his energy stupidly himself

Thanks for your answers, yes reported him many times already, for spaming me and everyone on the sim, but untill now nothing happened, since monthes his HUD spams everyone and sends items and notecards about his business. People who wear this HUD don't even know that they send spam to other people and it is hard to find out who wear this HUD, since it is only the server and owner of the server written in the message you receive.

But muting him wont fix the problem that he spams our renters and customers, sure it's nice free advert for him but then he should do it at his land and not other peoples sims. Can't even ban him, since it's random people who wear his HUD without knowing about that it sends spam.

Is there a Linden that we can contact inworld, someone who check things like this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.