Person is banned from my parcel but he still comes back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I have banned a person from my parcel but the person always returns. I added his name via right click on him, i added his name direct in the land options, nothing helps. He told me that he uses a script or so that makes him a ghost till he finds a way back in. I think he teleports to a nearby parcel, zooms in my place and sits on a poseball or so. Im not sure what to do.

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Dine

I read about a script that sends the avatars image far out. I am sorry, but I can't find where I read it now. I think it could be him standing on a parcel near your land, where he isn't banned, and projects his image on your land, to scare you.

I am not sure if this is an ARable offense. (AR=Abuse Report). LL advice you to block a person if they bother you. If you block him, you will not hear him. He will probably go away when he does not get any reaction.

Do you rent from a landlord? They can help you and ban this person from the whole sim. 

Sadly, if the person can get to ANY parcel in that sim or in any sim touching that sim, they can appear to be standing in your home, and can rant at you and attack you with weapons and cause all manner of grief, and you can't ban them, because they are not REALLY in that location. Their actual location could be as much as 256 Meters away, in the next sim in any direction. But you'll see them and interact with them as if they were with you.

This sounds like a combat HUD that I am aware of. It's intended to make you effectively "unkillable" since weapons fired at your apparent location don't hit where you really are. If that is what he is using, your only recourse is to AR him for harassment, and do it every time he comes back, and get your friends to do it too, until LL finally bans his account.

Of course, then he will return with a new, unverified alt, and the whole dance starts over again.

Idiots like that are why I live on a non-public, privately owned sim, and rarely even visit the mainland.

So true Ceera.

Well i was ejecting him and some minutes later i saw him somwhere near the parcel on the minimap and some seconds later he jumps on a poseball to get in. But i guess i cant do really something against it. I also talked to him in a very normal and friendly way but it didnt helped much. maybe hes just mentally ill. He did not fight against me personally but he harass others who are there. I try to stay in the background as far i can because i think otherwise he starts to stalk or something.

Venus Petrov wrote:

I have a naive question.  If someone is griefing from afar, will they appear on one's radar at the true location?

ETA:  Meaning, as this type of 'ghosted' avatar?

They appear on radar and on the map and on the mini-map in their visual location, where their name tag is displayed, even though they are in the next sim over. Their weapons operate from their apparent position. Your weapons don't touch them.

my dear, it is hard to ban in apublic place, but you need to buy a SWA land security panel, and then you can bann him separately...........with that you can also have toys that eject him like a rocket up his ass, or asimply send him home....i have used SWA security for 2 years on mainland (but privately owned) and not had any trouble with it.............good luck.....you also could try harrassing him with spam until he gets sick of your parcel........lots of deadbeats are atracted to free luv parcels, if only for to perve on others doing it....which is sad as they are only pixels they perve on......

Marianne Little wrote:

I read about a script that sends the avatars image far out. I am sorry, but I can't find where I read it now. I think it could be him standing on a parcel near your land, where he isn't banned, and projects his image on your land, to scare you.

I am not sure if this is an ARable offense. (AR=Abuse Report). 

I'd file it under harassment and AR it.

We had this as well, LL took 6 months (!) to even open our tickets or AR's and then didn't do much.

In the end the only thing that really worked was get our own region.

But there are a few options that may help.

Send an IM to all your neighbours in that region asking them to ban this griefer.

if they have no access to the region, griefing becomes a lot harder.

I note your skybox is at 3000m. Linden estate ban lines only go up to 750m and after that, an avatar can fly up and sit on a poseball to enter a parcel and walk around quite happily! (a direct tp is blocked though). An active orb is the only way. I use Landmanager from the Techno kitty store (Roberto Salubrius) I find it effective, even on a seated avatar. Be sure to add Resident to the last name..if they only have a first name.

Hope this helps

Sky

If he is cloning himself with a hud and making his bot sit on a poseball, then V3 has new parcel commands to stop people from seeing into and talking to other avatars on a parcel. ie he will only see an empty skybox as he looks in. after 20mins of staring at an empty skybox on his screen he might get bored.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.