Good ways to earn easy Linden Dollars?? :)

DaynaG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello..I'm quite new to SL..Nearly a month old...I have a few L$'s but need more to start a proper life.....

I know I can earn them from contests and jobs but don't know where to go for any and if anyone knows any jobs like building for people or models or stuff like that please comment ..And if you know any contests that are themed like Best in White that are at certain places at certain days at a certain time please comment...Any help will do...You can't play SL to the best of its limits without L$'s..Plus my rents out soon and I want to keep my house :)

Thankyouu for any help given :)

Day xD

if your after a job check the inworld employment forum otherwise there are various inworld tools like meetro bletaverse sl travel money hud and maybe more i don't know of that will pay you for casually travelling around certain places in SL for set amounts of time if your a good builder you can hire yourself out for custom jobs

Many premium Residents receive a weekly stipend of about 300L$. I would try to offer a product or service in exchange for those L$.

Select an area of focus which interest you the most. Identify and contact Residents who are already pursuing similar interest. 

Prove your worth: for seven days, contribute positively towards a person or endeavor and ask for nothing in return.

Meeting with and greeting Residents at various locations in Second Life is a simple way to find and create new contacts.

Attempt to create an agreement to provide potential leads or customers for and or to Stores, Land dealers (your landlord) or Entertainment providers in exchange for a small L$ fee.

The fastest and easiest way is to buy linden.  But, if you really do not wish to do that and are ok with living SL on a limited budget then you can try the below:

If you are less than 30 days old there might still be a few money trees around...check in search,, tp to a money tree location and look for Lindens growing on the branches for those new to take. There may also be a few camping spots left where you are paid to sit or hang around a certain area.  You would find these in search too.  This will only generate a few linden

There are contests you could enter that give linden...look for them in search/events tab

There are help wanted ads in the Forums Wanted section and the inworld classified ads to use in seeking a job. 

Do you have a RL skill that could be helpful in SL like graphic design or mad photoshop skills? You could create a book of examples and try to sell your service to shop owners.

It will take lots of time to first learn and then to manage but you could learn to create something that other people would want to buy and sell via the Marketplace or with an inworld shop.

Make stuff IF you want to learn some new skills or have some.

What can you make? Well, there are kits and 'full perms' items out there at in world stores and on the marketplace.secondlife.com website. Some of them are low cost, you can't sell them as full perm items due to licensing they usually come with. But, you paint up a texture (easy enough to learn if you like this...um, you can use photo' IF you get them with permissions...hey, 'textures' is a catagory to check out at the marketplace!

Full perms sculpt or mesh + full perms texture + script + animation = a fully working, moving or sound making item that an avatar can interact with! So, you can actually make stuff by doing only a little of each skill. YOu use the texture with the shade map in a layer inside of gimp, paint shop pro, photoshop or maybe serif's photo editor (can't remember) and basically you import or add each texture as a layer. THen the one on top, you make this one 'mix', 'addition', 'multiply' or maybe try someothers until it looks right. Also. you can change the shadow map or AO maps (oh, this one shouldbe on top BTW) transparancy or 'alpha'

the shade or AO[ambient occlusion] 'maps' and texture of material are all you might need. You might also learn to use other tools, like dodge and burn, to make changes...maybe even combine two images ect. it is easier than it might at first seem..but just sizing the material and then setting the top shadow layer to add shadows to it...well,you export it as a bmp or maybe a tga and are done! No real skill needed, just a few buttons to push in a photo/paint editor with layers!

If you script it you might end up with a more desirable product, but this depends on the item you are working with. A lamp? Find a light script! You can also use the script generator and might learn enough to do simple work to adjust scripts. They are sometimes free, very easy to modify and sometimes comlex and really will take a bit of time...you can always hire someone if you gain experience BUT always check the library..some guys sell library scripts and claim to be scripters lol.

Will this work? I dont' know, so I will say whatever it is you do...have fun! That way, at least you had fun!

DaynaG wrote:

Hello..I'm quite new to SL..Nearly a month old...I have a few L$'s but need more to start a proper life.....

I know I can earn them from contests and jobs but don't know where to go for any and if anyone knows any jobs like building for people or models or stuff like that please comment ..And if you know any contests that are themed like Best in White that are at certain places at certain days at a certain time please comment...Any help will do...You can't play SL to the best of its limits without L$'s..Plus my rents out soon and I want to keep my house
:)

Thankyouu for any help given
:)

Day
xD

Well, just like RL, job then house. :)

Collect club landmarks, join their groups, visit their blogs to get the events schedule (contests.) Club Carnage has contests night and day, if you can go to Mature land. Their language is often dicey there, if you mind that.

Also, check the Events listings in world and on this website. Sorry I don't know where it is on the website any more.

Many places have models but I don't know who's hiring. Go to any shop you can and see if there's a poster asking for help. Also, check the Wanted forum here.

Don't spend L$ on yourself if you care about your house more. I don't know that the freebie culture is ultimately good for SL, but you can get almost anything except land free these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't take notice of these guys. Theres no need to spend your SL time dancing round some stupid pole.

Join the Gold Hunt or Fish Hunt - our top hunters earn 1000s of linden:

http://secondlife.com/destination/gold-hunt-headquarters

http://secondlife.com/destination/fish-hunt-headquarters

You can spend your time exploring instead of showing off your underwear!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.