How i enable/adjust these things in v3?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• I set sun to midday. How i get it back to default?
  • How i set the width of the on screen chat? One sentence in several lines of text is super annoying.
  • How i enable object hovertips?
  • Where are the settings for shared media?
  • Where i find the info displays? Used to be under Advanced -> Rendering in v1 but cant find them anywhere.
  • How i make it so that hitting enter send chat and closes the chat so i can walk around with WASD? Now it seems i need to click to ground with mouse cursor after chatting.

Liisa Runo wrote:

• I set sun to midday. How i get it back to default?
  • Go to World/Envormental Settings and pick default.
  • How i set the width of the on screen chat? One sentence in several lines of text is super annoying.
  • Just grab a corner and slide it to as big as you want.
  • How i enable object hovertips?
  • It is called Enable Hints and it is in one of the drop downs
  • Where are the settings for shared media?
  • Media Settings are under Preferences/Media
  • Where i find the info displays? Used to be under Advanced -> Rendering in v1 but cant find them anywhere.
  • Info Displays? What's that?
  • How i make it so that hitting enter send chat and closes the chat so i can walk around with WASD? Now it seems i need to click to ground with mouse cursor after chatting.
  • There is a preference for WASD somewhere but I can't log in to find it right now. If no one else finds it for you I will when I can log in.

Thanks. Found the way to set sun to default. :)

v3 on_screen_chat.png

Here is on screen chat of v3. It dont let me grab the corner to adjust the width.

v1 hovertips.png

Here is v1 object hovertip. Enabling hints in v3 dont seem to enable this feature for me. v3 Help browser cant find any info about hovertips or hints.

v1 info displays.png

Here is v1 info displays. I need them.

I found a way to enable WASD style movement from v3. But cant find the setting to close chat by hitting enter. Now i need to click ground every time after typing or i cant walk.

Still trying to figure out the settings for shared media. Lil difficult to see the difference of parcel media and shared media in the preferences. But i found some very long web page that should explain it to me.

For your hovertips you could try: Debugsettings/ShowAllObjectHoverTip to True. 

For Info displays go to Develop Menu/Render Metadata

(If you can't see Develop Menu, you can either activate it in Preferences / Advanced Tab or in Advanced Menu at the bottom.

Not sure about the other issues.

Most seems to be allready answered except...

(Can only give you a description how it is with the Starlight Skins, as i do not have a Viewer installed now without :) )

WASD:  Prefs/General -> Pressing Letter keys AND prefs/chat/general -> "Deselect Chat after sending messages"

For the Information Stats, never used them, but try Dev-Menu -> Render Metadata.

Hope this helps :) 

Render metadata works. Thanks :)

Hovertips seem to only show the object name. How i get it to show the rest of the information without griefing the vehicle by slecting it?

What is Starlight Skins? Some TPV?

And how i make the viewer show secondlife:///app links in true form so i can copy paste them and they stay clickable?

Profile: secondlife:///app/agent/3d6181b0-6a4b-97ef-18d8-722652995cf1/about
TP: secondlife:///app/teleport/Omidyar/130/110/43/
Group: secondlife:///app/group/19657888-576f-83e9-2580-7c3da7c0e4ca/about

The viewer convert these to something else, they are clickable. But after i copy paste them to be passed onward to help someone, they are not clickable to the next person.

As Keli allready said, these Skins change the look of the Viewer, but they also add a few new & useful functions to it. (allthough i like the V2 UI , i never said it couldn't be improved :) )

For the links, they show in true form if you copy/paste them in Local Chat (and stay there). In IM's afaik they stay clickable too, but not sure :)

ohh, and Objects, i only use inspect object by right-click, so dunno if that is ok. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.