I really need help, bad!!

Audrey165

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please.....if anyone knows how to correct an avatar, I'd appreciate it.  Seems as if other sims can see me, but to myself, I look like an orb of light. Can this be corrected? Just started a few hours ago. I'd really like to get going but it's hard when I look like a ghost. :(

Thanks

Audrey165

If you mean exiting and loging back in, I already tried that. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the program. That didn't work either. Also set my preferences back to defalt settings. It has to be something I set accidentally within the program ( i think) but not sure what. Oh! Forgot, some of the places I visited also had a few light orbs floating around, but most of the sims looked fine.  Thanks for replying. I'm gonna be glued to this message board until I figure this out. lol  Thanks for replying.

Audrey165

I'm new to SL and the other day I'd worked on my outfit for a dance party where my friend would be DJing. I had my looks about right but then I crashed and when I logged back in I was just a white oval! I waited for my avy to rez but nothing happened. I logged out & back in but was still just a white oval. I freaked! I didn't know what to do. Finally I looked at the folder of everything I was currently wearing. It seemed to all be there: hair, clothes, jewelry, tats... But then I noticed that my shape or form was missing!! The shape I'd worked on for HOURS to get just right. I figured it was gone for good. I started to cry. By this time I was late for the dance. Finally, I dug thru my inv until I found my shape in the trash! How it got there I have no idea. I restored it and all was well. SL can be SOooo frustrating... yet so much fun! Both at the same time, often, for a newbie like me.

never log in to a super crowded place like clubs. It will take time for your avatar to rezz. imagine you are loading not only your self but the club building itself and all the peope (sl club goers) wearing super dooper mega multiple attachements and scripts like theres no more tomorrow.  Everytime i crash i always log in to POOLEY.;)

I usually log into my "home," which isn't really mine but is a home a SL friend has graciously invited me to hang out in as her guest. But then I unexpectedly started logging into the last place I'd been. I didn't understand why. But then I noticed on the login screen that the login location had changed from "home" to "last location." I didn't change it. At least, I didn't consciously or purposefully change it. A lot of weird things like this happen in SL. Things end up in the Trash, settings change, inexplicable things occur. Perhaps I do a lot of this myself, not knowing any better. But sometimes I think that maybe LL throws in this stuff, sortuv as a Loki factor, just to keep things exciting. Just to keep the wonderment (frustration?) level up. Or maybe the sim is just glitchy. Or maybe its just me.

JeanneAnne wrote:

But sometimes I think that maybe LL throws in this stuff, sortuv as a Loki factor, just to keep things exciting. Just to keep the wonderment (frustration?) level up. 

You're quite right...SL offers many moments of wonder such as this. :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

But sometimes I think that maybe LL throws in this stuff, sortuv as a Loki factor, just to keep things exciting. Just to keep the wonderment (frustration?) level up. 

You're quite right...SL offers many moments of wonder such as this. :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

Haha!  I knew it! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.