.....Having a Baby...

WadeW

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...Me n my girl want to have a baby on sl..theres lots of bits of info and im just trying to piece it together.

Do i use the onduty attachment and make love to her a lot n she will get pregnant?

what happens at that 9 days point? she has a baby or do we haveto buy one?

can someone lay out costs and steps from getting the onduty attachment to her having a baby in her arms please?

Thankyou....

Please, please, pleaase... if she must have the "pregnant" experience as well, don't get a talking belly.  On behalf of anyone she might happen to be around during the duration, I ask this.  It is probably the least-liked thing in all of SL, and people will mute her after the first time they hear it talk.

((rofl)), yep those tummy talkers things are pretty horrible.  I skipped all that and got pregnant without having any sex in SL. :matte-motes-bashful-cute: I didn't need to have sex, I just went to Marketplace and bought my babies and made up a dead husband I never had in the first place, so I'm a widowed single Mom in SL.  When I try to explain this, I might get muted, too. 

Storm Clarence wrote:

I hope when the child is old enough you will send them to a good school.  Let them focus on grammar so they can come home and teach you.  Good luck with your family.  

I laughed so hard at this. Thanks Storm!

Death to text speak!  :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Personally, I despise OnDuty. You can certainly go that route if you want, though. I like Mama Allpa, or Tantra Total Woman. Both are HUD's, NOT avatar attachments. You can get a lot of details about Mama Allpa here: http://sites.google.com/site/hudmamaallpa/ 

(If the link doesn't work, just search "Mama Allpa" and it should be the first one.)

Cost, depends what you're looking for and how realistic you want the experience to be. Feel free to IM me inworld and I'll tell you more, if you like ^_^

This whole idea of virtual pregnancy & motherhood struck me as so weird ....at first. Like it was the last thing I wanted in my SL experience. But the more I've thota bout it, the more intriguing it seems.

So I brought it up with my SL BF yesterday evening. He wasn't interested. Said it costs $L & he's not going to pay for it. I wonder if he'd go along if I paid for it? Nawww... He'd prolly dump me if I got knocked up. SL can be uncannyly like RL sometimes.

Might be fun, tho. I wonder how attached id become to my SL baby. Would it break my heart to just abandon it, should it become too much trouble or cost too much? Would I get banned from places if i just flopped out a boob & nursed my baby in public? :smileyvery-happy: The possibilities are endless...

I never thought of that.  At first, I thought I'd say some cad knocked me up and then dumped me, but there never was a cad either.

I tried explaining this dead husband thing that never existed to someone, and they said:  "Well, how did you get pregnant then?"  0.o   How do I explain that one?  I don't know. 

I need to think of a way he died so people won't think I murdered my SL husband.  I could tell them he died from drinking water with brain-eating amoebas in it, and I told him NOT to drink the water.  But do men listen, naw not too much, so this could be believable.  If I say put sunblock on so you don't turn beet red, does my rl bf listen?  Not!  Does he listen to me when I tell him to look at a map because we are lost, not too often.  He just keeps driving around and saying "Oh, I'll find it".  Me rolls eyes in my head and prays he gets the map soon because I'm gonna need to pee eventually, ya know, and I get really cranky when I'm hungry!  But will he get the map out?  Only sometimes, so I have to start saying I'm hungry and you know what happens when I get hungry, I get real cranky!  Are you sure you want that, or should you get the map out?  His choice now. 

So drinking bad SL water with brain-eating amoebas in it is quite plausible as the cause of my SL "husband's" demise.  Maybe I need to write up a coroner's report.  

if you MUST do this..please get the momma allpa huds. they tell you what goes on etc etc. and the staff are very helpful from what i've heard.

the tummy talkers omg. i hate them, because tbh.... not everyone needs to know your baby's pressing on your bladder and making you pee all over yourself not even 2 meters way from me while your dancing in booty shorts and a crop top :3 (yes this actually happened to me)

:smileyvery-happy: Maya

Now not only do i hav2 thinka bout getting preggerz in SL, but i also hav2 worrya bout brain-eating amoebas!!

Could just go the Virgin Mary route, i guess, & be the immaculate conception. Some lizards clone themselves, after all.

I told my SL bf that some things i likeda bout SL was 1. no mosquitos, 2. no STDs, & 3. never had2 use the bathroom. He told me that there are bathrooms in SL, tho. But, he said, theyre for kinky sex, not for peeing in. Iv yet to be inside one but ima fraid iv given him the idea... If you kill your SL husband or bf, do you go2 SL jail?

EDIT: Well.. i did it! Bought the Mama Allpa HUD. We'll see if my bf buys the M version. I'm not going to buy it for him. :matte-motes-wink:

I have a second-hand prim baby I might be interested in off-loading. If you take it off my hands, I'll throw in a buggy, a dirty-nappy hud (with nappy-filling sound effects) and spitting-up tattoo layers (flexi vomit on the baby's chin and over your shoulder).

PS The brat's  baby's male and responds to the name "Brooklyn".

Impossible with him, impossible.  He puts the Thomas Brother's Guide, the silly thing he asks for as a boring Christmas present, under HIS car seat and keeps it there.  I can't reach for the Thomas Brother's Guide when I'm buckled in with my seat belt.  No, he has to reach under the car seat and be willing to give the Thomas Brother's Guide to me.  Well, he needs his Thomas Brother's Guide within his reach for when he is alone, so all I could do is get my own Thomas Brother's Guide, which I never thought we'd have to have -- a his and hers Thomas Brother's Guide in one car.  I've asked for the Thomas Brother's Guide, he still says "I know where I am" and drives aimlessly around some more.  He knows I'm hypoglycemic, so the fainting from hunger thing always works best. 

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, I've read this thread twice and still can't get my head around this concept! Firstly, why are people wanting a SL baby? Personally, I would love to have a RL baby, so am intrigued that SL can temporarily give it to me.

Secondly, is this an eternal baby or does it grow into a toddler, child etc?

Thirdly, as wrong as it may sound, can a baby be popped in your inventory so you can work?! I ask because I love my job as a dancer and wouldn't want to give it up as I'm literally holding the baby... And I don't think I'd be tipped much if I were swinging around on a dance pole with a baby bump.

Geez... I'm full of questions... can someone please explain this baby stuff to a total noob...? :)

• 1 year later...

ParisMathis wrote:

Can you please explain to me what the talking tummy is? I have seen it in the marketplace but i am curious to know what it is. What exactly does it do?

Welcome to SL, Paris!

You've jumped into a long dead thread to discuss the beginning of life. I couldn't resist the irony, so I'm responding.

I'm hardly an expert, maybe one will follow me.

I was given one by a friend to celebrate my immaculate conception of 23 little octopi, all named Dave. I wore the talking tummy less than 23 minutes, all those wiggly tentacles were unnerving.

Okay, enough silliness!

A talking tummy is a scripted wearable thing that you and others can interact with. It will say things in local chat that are intended to be evocative of an actual pregnancy. You and a partner (and potentially others, I'm not sure) interact with it via a HUD (a control panel that appears in your viewers window) or by text chat. Imagine a tomagotchi pet that requires some attention from you, brought to life in fuller fashion here in SL. If you enjoy role play, it might be a springboard for interesting story development with a partner. You might also find that the story doesn't provide enough pathways, surprises, and launch points for you and you partner to work from. I'm neither a role player, nor a gamer, so talking tummies are of only passing interest to me.

Pregnancy in RL is a rather intimate thing, and having it be public in SL just doesn't feel right to many people. So you may want to be cautious about wearing a talking tummie to venues that aren't expecting expectant mothers. But in the privacy of a relationship with a partner, a talking tummy might work as an outline for the two of you to craft an interesting story together.

There's a free guidebook in the marketplace here...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Having-a-Baby-in-Second-Life-Guidebook/1550151

And an inexpensive talking tummy here...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Talking-Pregnant-Belly-Tummy-Talker/1834507

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.