Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowl Paine wrote:

Small lies: Who am I to burst other people's bubbles of perception? They were plugging along as happy as can be, until
someone
 had to say something.
Someone
who doesn't have to live that person's life or walk in their shoes.

Yet another interloper... is there no honestly anymore?

...Dres

I really suck at lying, so I don't even try.  I can juggle 3 chat windows and local, but often find myself with more than that.  It is almost always first come first served.  The first 3 people to IM I will chat with.  Beyond that I just say hi and I'm sorry I have too many chats going right now.  I have never received a negative response and try to contact those people the next time I am on.  Most of my friends know I am slow to respond sometimes.

There are a few people or conversations that require focus.  In those instances the person receives my undivided attention.  In fact, when I meet someone really interesting I will tell them they require focus.  I excuse myself and politely close everything else I have open.  I will also focus on one conversation when I have made previous plans to meet someone.  No reason to lie.  A simple "I already have plans this evening" usually suffices.

I don't usually miss IM's completely and I never ignore, but...

Dres?  Would you please excuse me?  I made plans already to post in another thread.  Can I take a raincheck on that chat?

Cinn

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Dres?  Would you please excuse me?  I made plans already to post in another thread.  Can I take a raincheck on that chat?

Oh, so now you're saying I'm not an interesting enough of a person to talk to.  You just don't realize that the person you are deceiving is yourself.

That and you're a big fat meanie. sad0116.gif

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Knowl Paine wrote:

Small lies: Who am I to burst other people's bubbles of perception? They were plugging along as happy as can be, until
someone
 had to say something.
Someone

...Dres

Interloper  noun

a person who interferes or meddles in the affairs of others:

Who is the "yet another interloper"?

Knowl Paine wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Knowl Paine wrote:

someone
 had to say something.
Someone

...Dres

Interloper  noun
a
person
who
interferes
or
meddles
in
the
affairs
of
others:

Who is the "yet another interloper"?

I never said interloper... I said prevaricator.  Anyone who claims any differently is providing falsities and should not be believed.

...Dres

I am holding firm, Dres.  How about we catch a nice live blues show next we're both in SL together.  I promise to give you my undivided attention...

I can't believe you called me a big fat meanie..  *sniffs*   :matte-motes-crying:   That is so... So...

Excuse me again.  I have an in-coming message...

Wildcat Furse wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Has anybody ever told you you look like Griffin?

FYI - I just found out that Dres is a hetero in RL ..... :smileysurprised: *meows*

PS. .... and he has 5 kids!!!

No, I think that is Griffin.  And, it is 7 kids and a live-in mother-in-law.

No, whoever wrote those horrible discoesque songs and that trance claptrap should admit to treachery.

I'm like Cinn now, I've decided to hang around the blues.   When that trance claptrap plays...oops, sorry... got......chatlag... sorry....and... I....can't...brb

Pep wrote:

You are lying when you log in to SL with a name that is not the one on your birth certificate.

Pep (Anything further just compounds your mendacity.)

Leave it to Pep to speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Interesting word... mendacity... did you know that it's actually a portmanteau word consisting of men and audacity?  No lie.

...Dres

Venus Petrov wrote:

Wildcat Furse wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Has anybody ever told you you look like Griffin?

FYI - I just found out that Dres is a hetero in RL ..... :smileysurprised: *meows*

PS. .... and he has 5 kids!!!

No, I think that is Griffin.  And, it is 7 kids and a live-in mother-in-law.

Sorry Wildcat, Venus is correct, I know because I'm the mother-in-law.

...Dres belly-dance.gif

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Pep wrote:

You are lying when you log in to SL with a name that is not the one on your birth certificate.

Pep (Anything further just compounds your mendacity.)

Leave it to Pep to speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Interesting word... mendacity... did you know that it's actually a portmanteau word consisting of men and audacity?  No lie.

...Dres

Ohmy Dres, you are speaking Pep's linguini!  Bravo!

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Auto-Response message:
Hi Dres, I may be afk, passed out, ignoring you or just haven`t noticed your IM, leave a message & I will reply when I find it, unless I crash first and have no record that you even contacted me.
:P

You forgot the possibility of alien abduction... other than that, how do you know what my auto-response says?

...Dres AlienProbing.gif

Mayalily wrote:

No, whoever wrote those horrible discoesque songs and that trance claptrap should admit to treachery.

I'm like Cinn now, I've decided to hang around the blues.   When that trance claptrap plays...oops, sorry... got......chatlag... sorry....and... I....can't...brb

...Dres

nope, I never lie about that.... if I say I was afk, or dealing with w/e, then I really was....

...what I DO sometimes though, is not give a reason why it took so long to respond, (occasionally it's because I didn't want to respond right then).

but I have a policy that I apply the same as in RL... here and now takes precedence over there and later.... I don't answer phones in RL while talking to someone, etc... I treat IM's the same way... I respond when I'm not involved with what's in front of me, or when I would take a break anyway (and always excuse myself)

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Okay so, here's the issue... it may be that I'm not familiar enough with the viewer I'm using, but sometimes I completely miss people's IMs.  I may have set up my viewer so that when someone IMs me (I don't mean when they first IM me... it's when I'm already in a conversation with them and they reply to me), I miss it.

Does this ever happen to you?

If I'm being honest, there are times when I'll get an IM from someone and ignore it for a while... then I'll say something like, "Oh sorry, I was afk."  It doesn't happen often, at least not on purpose (see the second sentence) and I usually am being truthful when I say it.  Sometimes I'm not though. 

Do you ever lie to people like that?

Of course, I never, ever really lie about that kind of thing, how dare you accuse me of that? =P

...Dres (I may not respond right away... I could be afk.)

Dres, you're a naughty boy, I can tell you really want a spanking. I was told that you should say what you mean and mean what you say, but don't be mean when you say it.  Of course, in an ideal situation one should not keep people waiting on purpose or lie to them about it.  On the other hand there are times when you simply cannot respond right away and your friends will understand if you explain it to them.  If you abuse their trust you may find that they become less tolerant over time.

I'm a tech rep in RL (NO!!! NOT FOR LINDEN!!!! STOP ASKING ME "HOW DOZ U WERE DIS SHIRT"!!!!), so I frequently am in IM chats with up to four people at once.  When I'm in SL, it doesn't bother me much to have multiple IM's open.  That said, I take my time in responding, even if I've only got one conversation going.  And sometimes, I've got more than one conversation going with the same person, as they or I think of something else to say while the otehr person is typing, and I respond to something they said several lines ago.

The only time I lie is when some scuzzy dude is being really really really obnoxious with trying to get me to "cyber".  Then I say:  My daddy doesn't like it when I do dirty talk on the computer.  Hold on I'll let him explain it.  (pause)  He says he'll be right there after he gets done cleaning his gun.  It got dirty cuz he had to shoot a bad guy tonight.  Mommy says she wishes he didn't have such a dangerous job, but I'm proud my daddy is a policeman.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Auto-Response message:
Hi Dres, I may be afk, passed out, ignoring you or just haven`t noticed your IM, leave a message & I will reply when I find it, unless I crash first and have no record that you even contacted me.
:P

You forgot the possibility of
alien abduction
... other than that, how do you know what my auto-response says?

...Dres
AlienProbing.gif

RayGun.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.