Viewer 3 crashes on loading world (changed title 25-8-2011)

Kazuya Phlox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I just installed viewer 3 so i could write some manuals for it for my products. I normally use phoenix but for support purposes i go on LL viewers sometimes. Viewer 2 worked fine for me,  and the very first time i use viewer 3 a nasty suprise awaited.. It wouldnt start... My system is a intel Q6600 quadcore, nvidia geforce 450gts, Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R motherboard, 10gb ram and a few gb's free on the system disk. My Os is windows 7. I uninstalled viewer 2 before i installed viewer 3.
It loads, it connects to region, but at the end of loading world the screen just dissapears and i see a small crashlog screen o.O
Since it is made impossible to log in with viewer 2 (i got the message that i cant log in unless i upgraded to v3) i cant give my customers the proper support! If i continue to not be able to log in with v3 then i will have to strongly advise to deinstall viewer 3 and install phoenix or firestorm.

Does anybody also have this kind of problem with viewer 3 and can anybody help me get it running?

I am running  V3 on win 7 with no problems.  Here is the info I have on potential problems with Win 7/64 bit

Windows 7 -- 64 bit -- Second Life -- No problems 

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2010/08/windows-7-64-bit-second-life-no.html

It looks like you have done everything right (and more carefully than I do).  

Just a  hunch:  Can you try a different router?

TKR

When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers? Viewer 3 uses Shadows, shaders and realtime Depth of Field. You might be getting an graphics error that is causing the program to dump. Now that I think about it I had problems with the graphics when I first started using it but I updated my drivers and all the problems went away.

I'm just throwing a guess here, but, the error message you're getting is that the Nvidia OpenGL driver stopped responding?  That, and, it states to have either a code 4 or code 8 error.  Because, that's the problem I'm having. (>_<)

It seems the higher end graphics cards from Nvidia are picking up something wrong in the shaders and shutting down.  SL isn't the only program that's done it for me.  (._.)

I followed the suggestion to roll back to 266.58 and 275.33 drivers since they were the last certified releases with no luck.  (T_T)

At this point, I found I can run Firestorm full on; shaders, shadows, AO, and all.  But, LL and other V2/V3 clients can't seem to run unless all shaders are disabled. (._.)

I don't yet have a solution. (._.)

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

It seems the higher end graphics cards from Nvidia are picking up something wrong in the shaders and shutting down.  SL isn't the only program that's done it for me.  (._.)

I followed the suggestion to roll back to 266.58 and 275.33 drivers since they were the last certified releases with no luck.  (T_T)

At this point, I found I can run Firestorm full on; shaders, shadows, AO, and all.  But, LL and other V2/V3 clients can't seem to run unless all shaders are disabled. (._.)

I don't yet have a solution. (._.)

I don't think this is the case. I've got a GTX 570 HD (it doesn't get too much higher end than that) with the latest drivers and I'm not having any issues with Firestorm, V2, or V3.

On the other hand, I don't use 2 or 3 much. I'll load up 3 in a few and double check my graphics settings.

EDIT: Just tested it. While I get no crashes or error messages, shiny doesn't work with shadows enabled in V3. I found a JIRA about it, too.

thank you, i will try revo and try to clear the sl things in registry. i dont know what kind of error i get, because it only displays a brief sending crash window wich dissapears after a second or so.

I ran dxdiag and here are the results:

http://hotfile.com/dl/127878158/72d0847/DxDiag.txt.html

I will try running viewer3 in compatibility mode shortly and see what happens. Could it be some other program maybe that viewer 3 is incompatible with when i have it installed? and how can i find out if this is the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Viewer 3, Windows 7, intel core i5, 8gb RAM, nvigia geforce gt 240 (1gb gddr5), fresh install, all drivers updated, no problems previous to 3.0...

I had to uninstall viewer 2 and delete the second life cache and user settings directories before it would work the first time...

Then someone used a crasher at an infohub and I came back to a "Quit or View IM" screen, would not work after that (only for this account)

I have another account I can login no problems, which is strange.

I can still login this account on phoenix viewer with no problems...

I tried and tried to get this account back into the official viewer and no cigar...

Although other accounts are able to login which is what I don't understand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.