Thank You, Lindens.

Rusalka Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just a note to thank and congratulate the Lindens for mesh. Those of us who have been in the beta for a while have seen and occasionally enjoyed the chaos, crashing, and experimentation along the way. It hasn't been easy, and has at times been rancorous, but here it is on its feet and changing Second Life. We are entering the most exciting time I've known in SL in my four years.

So thank you to the Lindens, especially those who showed up every Monday (and some epic Thursday nights), and brought mesh to the main grid. A new adventure begins. I can't wait to see where it leads.

Mahalo nui loa,

Rusalka Writer

• Like 3

I followed every move the Developers made during the open beta. Not all of it was satisfying and still isn't. Though, I think the whole Mesh team did a tremendous job implementing mesh into the Second Life platform. So I want to thank all of you for your work. I'm sure it wasn't an easy task to do.

Great topic Rusalka. I'd like to thank you guys for the hard work. I may not agree with all the decisions that were made concerning PE, but I respect that it must have been difficult for you guys to develop a sound system without breaking legacy content. So, congrats on the release and... where is my mesh unicorn? :D

• Like 1

Adding my thanks as well.... I've been quietly following the mesh developments, dabbling with my own, and occasionally testing on the beta grid. A huge amount of hard work has been put in by the development team behind the scenes, and I want to express my gratitude for their efforts.

Now mesh is finally here on the main grid, and I can really begin to explore its creative potential. Having been playing with mesh in general for the past number of years, I am definitely looking forward to bringing my practical experience into SL and seeing where it goes. Far easier (for me) than working with the limitations of sculpties.

Also I am pleasantly surprised by the upload costs. Having been expecting something like 150L per mesh upload, I was seriously happy when my first mesh only cost me 17L - I am a happy panda!

So thank you, LL mesh devs! So much fun to come! :matte-motes-smile:

After some years in SL this will be my first post on the forum. And i think that i cant start better! Thank you so much guys. Not all residents are receiving this news with good humor, but i am sure that in a not far future the reticent community will understand that this is a HUGE improvement.

I'm late in contributing my thanks here to this thread, but it is no less sincere or enthusiastic for it being so.  Thanks to everyone - the Linden employees who made it happen and their resident helpers.  I'm overwhelmed at the amount of fun I'm having and I appreciate the opportunity to learn something new and useful at the same time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.