Best Busking Location?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I enjoy taking out my ukulele, setting down a tip jar and busking in SL, but I was recently told you are not allowed to ask for tips in the place where I frequently performed at (Fermi Sandbox).  So I need a new location to perform at and I am having trouble finding one.  I wonder if anyone could suggest a new busking spot?  Here are some things to consider when suggesting a new location:

• I use voice chat to play/sing and don't stream anything so it can be pretty much any land that allows voice chat.
  • The tip jar is attatched to me so I don't have to rez anything.
  • I tried a very popular freebie mall and wasn't getting much in the way of tips.  That's because people who go to freebie stores usually don't have very much cash in-world.  So for the most part, those are out of the question.
  • The more traffic, the better (I think).

Thanks,

Wow, I have been in SL over four years and have never heard of someone trying to do this (perhaps because it is so challenging).  Most places where you might be able to pull this off would likely have residents who have little spare money (e.g., freebie stores) or places where people go to enjoy the environment (and not necessarily be interrupted by voice singing).

Malls with clubs would be out because the club rules the airwaves and you would be banned in a heartbeat.

In any case, good luck and perhaps someone will suggest something helpful.

Always read the rules of any place you visit. Many, many newcomers (even some oldbies) neglect to do this. You can avoid a lot of problems in Second Life through this simple action alone.

I've yet to see a sandbox which did not have a rule against begging. Busking is still begging - just with some extra skill.

Most high traffic places are sandboxes, hubs, and those all have a no begging rule. Shops would also have a no begging rule, though I've been begged at in many shops as well.

Busking is a time honored tradition in real life (London, Paris, Santa Monica 3rd street Promenade) but not so much in Second Life.  

Why not apply to be in one of those real-life rock group recreation groups in Second Life, or try to work in a club? You could learnt to be a DJ or perform your music in different clubs. There is a thriving live music scene in Second Life - has been so for years.

Just don't try it on most other places, or you will get the boot once they find out. I don't allow begging/tip jars on my land, etiher. I've seen people even strip with a tip jar out at my place, which was funny, but not funny if you know what I mean. Lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.