client frame rate below 10

Jorukagulam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

the Intel i7 is your computer's processor combine with a decent graphics card you should find SL quite nippy if your computer only has an onboard intel graphics chip and you can install a decent graphics card do so while the onboard graphics are adequate to run SL with graphics settings rammed to the minimum you'll see a big difference from a dedicated graphics card an improved fps being one of them

Helo thx for a reply. essentially i am bothered by the less smooth movements of the avatar, after i started using i7 to which i switched from using the graphic card G Force 9800. I really dont know whats the cause.. do i need to do any preference settings more suitable to i7..or are there any settings more suited to this different processor. I often feel i need to adjust the graphic settings manually in view of enhancing the performance, is it true..?

There are several easy ways to raise your frame rate. Lowering your draw distance is one. Making your viewer's screen size smaller in a window is another. Turning off shadows if you have them on is a third. Derendering (if you have that ability in your viewer) other avatars if you are in crowded place will help also.

Those steps will probably solve your problem. If you want to view SL at its best and full screened, investing in a good graphics card is the key. If you do that make SURE that your power supply will run the card you pick out. Very important.

EDIT: You might also try a version one based viewer rather than the newest ones as they are easier on your system. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Hope those ideas helped.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.