SL JIRA ARVD-37

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

This is blatent advertising which is against the forum rules.

Soft Linden's suggestion for forum discussion is clearly aimed at the people that commented OT on the JIRA.

Sorry, what's being advertised by whom ?   And are you suggesting JIRA's can't be mentioned on the forum even when requested by a Linden ?

Arkady Arkright wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

This is blatent advertising which is against the forum rules.

Soft Linden's suggestion for forum discussion is clearly aimed at the people that commented OT on the JIRA.

Sorry, what's being advertised by whom ?   And are you suggesting JIRA's can't be mentioned on the forum even when requested by a Linden ?

Thats not what I said at all, Soft`s comment on that JIRA is directed at all the off topic comments posted there, telling them to go discuss it on the forum if they want to.

Just my opinion, maybe you read it differently. :)

Arkady Arkright wrote:

Please check-out JIRA
for important information concerning the security of your SL experience.

Mentors: Please check with Soft Linden before deleting this post, as he has specifically requested and recommended that this issue be reported to, and discussed on, these forums.

I just read that JIRA and no where can I see where Soft said to do what you said.  He said you can discuss the general issue on the forum.  Unless I am going blind, no where did he request that YOU DO DISCUSS IT HERE.

Looks to me like you are just putting words in Soft's mouth.

I don't trust people who twist other people's words.

-10 points for you.

I don't trust the JLU or any of its affiliate groups. They abuse the system and find ways around each and every rule in the ToS .... 

-waits to see how long it'll take them to list me as a griefer, stalk me, harass me, illegally list me in their database, illegally snoop around my personal life and Abuse Report this post-

For those Lindens watching .... Yes, they DO do that kind of crap and NO, nothing I have said in this post is against the ToS as it is truth and can be verified. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

I just read that JIRA and no where can I see where Soft said to do what you said.  He said you can discuss the general issue on the forum.  Unless I am going blind, no where did he request that
YOU DO DISCUSS IT HERE.

From Soft's archiving of the Jira :- "In the forum, you can propose and explore rules that may make you more comfortable in SL, and you can highlight existing concerns as examples. – Soft"

I simply brought that to people's attention, as a number of attempts to discuss these issues here have already been moderated (or AR-partied) out of existence.

And frankly, your opinion of me concerns me not at all...

Arkady Arkright wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I just read that JIRA and no where can I see where Soft said to do what you said.  He said you can discuss the general issue on the forum.  Unless I am going blind, no where did he request that
YOU DO DISCUSS IT HERE.

From Soft's archiving of the Jira :- "
In the forum, you can propose and explore rules that may make you more comfortable in SL, and you can highlight existing concerns as examples. – Soft
"

I simply brought that to people's attention, as a number of attempts to discuss these issues here have already been moderated (or AR-partied) out of existence.

And frankly, your opinion of me concerns me not at all...

No, you stated in your OP that, "He specifically requested."  No where did Soft say that in the Jira.  That is you putting words in his mouth which makes you a liar.

When threads are deleted the OP is informed by E Mail of the reasons why and the opportunity exists for the OP to appeal to the moderators.  And threads do get restored upon review.

And quite frankly, as a business person you SHOULD CARE about my opinion.  The public's opinion can often times determine the success or failure of a product.  Perhaps more than anything it was Z'bars bad attitude that sealed the final nail in his coffin in SL.  He dug his own grave.

To us who live and play in Second Life, it appears that you are trying to just make an end run around the TOS and CS with your product.  It has been explained to you in other places why your product fails.  I am sorry that your investment is at risk of not working out for you.  But I will oppose any product that puts at risk my freedom to enjoy Second Life.

Perhaps if you could design a way for Linden Lab to better protect content creators, Linden Lab would buy it from you.  I'm certain that they'd love the heat taken off of them over content theft.  It still must be very time consuming for them.  But what we don't want is any resident, under any guise, playing policeman over us.  Historically it has only ever caused trouble on the Grid.

Perrie

Perrie, you're completely and utterly wrong about me. I'm no businessman, and this product is nothing to do with me. I'm absolutely against it and all that it's creators stand for, which is why i'm trying to bring it to people's attention - something several others have attempted to do more directly, only to be moderated to oblivion.

Incidentally, are you allowed to blatantly call people liars like that , on this forum ?  I thought it was supposed to be civilised these days...

Arkady Arkright wrote:

Perrie, you're completely and utterly wrong about me. I'm no businessman, and this product is nothing to do with me. I'm absolutely against it and all that it's creators stand for, which is why i'm trying to bring it to people's attention - something several others have attempted to do more directly, only to be moderated to oblivion.

Incidentally, are you allowed to blatantly call people liars like that , on this forum ?  I thought it was supposed to be civilised these days...

In that case you absolutely have my apology.  I mistook you for the product's developer.  However, I still stand by what I say about not putting words in someone else's mouth.  It is bad for one's credibility.  Again, my apologies.

Perry

Perrie Juran wrote:

In that case you absolutely have my apology.  I mistook you for the product's developer.  However, I still stand by what I say about not putting words in someone else's mouth.  It is bad for one's credibility.  Again, my apologies.

Perry

I accept your apology, thank you. I think our disagreement about what Soft means is one of interpretation, not purpose - if a Linden recommends that something is best posted on this forum, I take that as a request for action rather than simply a serving-suggestion. I also have the advantage of knowing the background to this issue in some detail from other sources.

I don't want to do anything that would risk getting this thread removed (like the others), but I'm really unclear how to productively discuss the issues involved without naming names, except at such an abstract level that nobody is going to understand what we're talking about.

Personally, I didn't read Soft's suggestion to be restricted to these Linden forums.  There is an extensive thread on the topic "across the street" (can we link to other forums from here, without endangering the thread?), where individuals and groups can be named.  The thread is in fact so extensive that there's also another one in which are posted digests of 25-page chunks of the main thread.

Incidentally, if readers found the linked Jira to be strange and inappropriate, yeah: that's kind of the point -- a point accompanied by layer upon layer of pathological behaviors.

I must admit I was under the same impression as Pierre.  Directing people to a JIRA  that is clearly trying to promote a product is probably not the best way to get the message across that you are opposed to it. lol  I would suspect that any hostility you felt may be due to others thinking you were trying to push it too.

Qie Niangao wrote:

I don't want to do anything that would risk getting this thread removed (like the others), but I'm really unclear how to productively discuss the issues involved without naming names, except at such an abstract level that nobody is going to understand what we're talking about.

Personally, I didn't read Soft's suggestion to be restricted to these Linden forums.  There is an extensive thread on the topic "across the street" (can we link to other forums from here, without endangering the thread?), where individuals and groups can be named.  The thread is in fact so extensive that there's also another one in which are posted digests of 25-page chunks of the main thread.

Incidentally, if readers found the linked Jira to be strange and inappropriate, yeah: that's kind of the point -- a point accompanied by layer upon layer of pathological behaviors.

i don't know if i would post a link to the other side of the street..i tried posting a link to that thread the other day in a thread here and that thread went away..

i don't think people would miss the title if something related to the title were mentioned here though hehehe

what ryhmes with J.esus? L.uvs? U?

hehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Qie Niangao wrote:

i don't know if i would post a link to the other side of the street..i tried posting a link to that thread the other day in a thread here and that thread went away..

i don't think people would miss the title if something related to the title were mentioned here though hehehe

what ryhmes with
J
esus?
L
uvs
?
U
?

hehehe

And what rhymes with Secondlife Loves Us ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.