Deploys for the week of 2011-08-22

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maestro Linden wrote:

>> 
Maestro mentioned LeTigre too, but I thought LeTigre went back onto mesh last week.

Oops, yes, you're right!  In any case, the whole grid will support mesh, in about 1 hour from now..

Yep, my sim got meshified about an hour ago, despite me trying to hide it from the roller hehe ...Can`t fight progress eh 54.gif

Void Singer wrote:

I get the same message peewee.... it's something in the copypasta from the wiki in the OP

Ahh...its most annoying, comes up after you post too. Hopefully its something that can be edited out of the OP, I don`t get it on the other deploy threads & they have wiki c/ps, this one must have picked up something extra.

Thanks Void :)

Thanks, the physics changes and the new prim scale limit still work great now that it's on the main channel.

I'm probably going to wait until a 1.x interface viewer like Singularity has mesh support before I do anything with mesh, unless the Snowglobe project is resumed.

Something I've been wondering about after the new prim scale limit is if the maximum distance for llRezObject and LlRezAtRoot could be standardized somehow.  It would be nice if the limit was always the same no matter what, so those functions could always be used predictably.  Hopefully something relatively sane that should still cover most uses, like 48 or 64 meters.

I am logged into the forums and now I am getting a box deminding I do it again, what is going on?  Moreover when I attempt to log in it sends the same box again. Is this a bug or a LL ploy to discourage people from looking at the forums?  Either way it is a problem that need to be looked at.

@ Alexi and any Linden moderator

This issue is affecting everyone now and must be stopped.  Combined with the phishing email rumour that is spreading through SL, you need to get hold of this issue at once and sort it, max priority.

This is the sort of problem that can kill a site, so it cannot be doing SL any good.

Hello Alexi,

The extra loginscreen is annoying, but it is not a serious problem, you can safely cancel it, you don't loose any functionality in the forum. Oskar probably copy-pasted some content from an internal wiki and now the forum contains a reference to a graphical element on the original (internal) wiki page. When your browser tries to load this element the internal wiki asks for authentication. When you cancel the login your browser will use the default images for the bulletlist which is perfectly ok.

Regards, Chriss.

@Chriss

Platitudes.  I know the bug is not harmful, you know it...but do casual users know it?

So far as I know, Secondlife is for "everyman", not geeks.

The power of supposition is not to be underestimated.  It is not the bug that is harmful, but the image of SL that it promotes.

@Tristizia

No, I have not tried any other browsers.  I used to use Firefox occasionally and even used Safari, never Opera.  My point would be that IE is used by a pretty substantial percentage of the browsing community, if not the majority.  That being the case it behooves Linden Lab to get this sorted for IE users even if other browsers do not exhibit such behaviour (and frankly I'd be very surprised if some don't)...I know IE  has issues, but it's not THAT bad!

It seems odd that it should suddenly begin to happen while I have done nothing at my end of the piece of wire.

doesn't seem to be happening on FF6, but I'm permanently logged in. regardless, this is not a server issue, and needs to be reported to the web moderators (use the community feedback link on the right of the forum list)

@Liisa:
wow those are some goofy numbers.

@Void

No, Void it is not a server issue, but since Tristizia was watching this thread I posted a direct reply.

Also, since folk seeking info on this thread would see this issue, it IS relevant to this thread.  Not everyon can afford to be permanently logged in, nor would most folk wish to be so.

Ay

PS Er...what "Feedback link"? The community webpage doesn't have a "feedback" tab.

Void Singer wrote:

doesn't seem to be happening on FF6, but I'm permanently logged in. regardless, this is not a server issue, and needs to be reported to the web moderators (use the community feedback link on the right of the forum list)

@Liisa:

wow those are some goofy numbers.

I`m still getting it on FF6.... I will report it in feedback.

forums page, right hand sidebar, about halfway down, "Forums Feedback"

PS
I wasn't snapping at you, just letting you know where to report it to get it looked at... the server Lindens that monitor this thread (Oskar and a few others) can't really do anything about forum glitches =) I'd have reported it myself, but i'm not getting it, so dunno what it looks like to describe it.... could be because I set my browser to keep cookies from the SL domain.

ETA:
it was my (mis)understanding that people were talking about something other than the wiki login request that peewee noted (and I do have).... it's caused by a bad copy-paste from the internal linden wiki access, instead of from the public wiki access (there's a bullet url being requested)... it only appears when viewing the first page, or replying to the OP post.... sorry for the confusion, it is relevent to this thread, since it only happens here. (and wouldn't happen at all if linden posts were run through the html filter like residents are, since the filter wouldn't allow the extra css in the list elements like that)

I was told to post here to see if I could possibly find someone who can help me with my issue, I recently cleared a bunch (20-30) of my dragons off a piece of land I rent and I cannot rez them, I get the messege "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region." I have been told all I need is access to the sim called Unpackistan so I can rez the coalesced box there.  It contains the dragons, food, staff of jewels and a few fence decorative pieces.  I have submitted a ticket but have not gotten very far with that.  My ingame name is Kestrel Llewellyn if anyone in the support team can help me.  I will be on about 4-5 am SLT and again at 3:30 PM SLT, but if you send me an NC I should get it in my email alert

Please and Thank you

Kestrel

Kestrel Llewellyn wrote:

I was told to post here to see if I could possibly find someone who can help me with my issue, I recently cleared a bunch (20-30) of my dragons off a piece of land I rent and I cannot rez them, I get the messege "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region." I have been told all I need is access to the sim called Unpackistan so I can rez the coalesced box there.  It contains the dragons, food, staff of jewels and a few fence decorative pieces.  I have submitted a ticket but have not gotten very far with that.  My ingame name is Kestrel Llewellyn if anyone in the support team can help me.  I will be on about 4-5 am SLT and again at 3:30 PM SLT, but if you send me an NC I should get it in my email alert

Please and Thank you

Kestrel

You did the right thing submitting a ticket, only LL can let you in there. If you are a premium member then LiveChat can be faster, but otherwise you will have to wait for the ticket to be actioned. It could just be slower because of the weekend.

I'm just concerned because the ticket has been answered once already and I had to reopen it they denied me help stating that this was not something I could get as a basic member.  That I had to be a premium member to get this help.  Now don't get me wrong with as much as I play and having as many dragons and horses as I do, my partner and I are both going premium as soon as we have extra cash to spare.  But right now that's not happening.  I just don't think it's a good marketing practice for the support team to say "sorry we can't help you, you're not paying us" when all I need is just 10 minutes in that sim.  I'm worried now that I'm going to have to wait to get into that sim :( and it makes me less inclined to even bother with being a premium member and my partner is saying the same thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.