having big problems

candie Corral

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sounds like you are Lagging. There can be several reasons why.  

Have you switched Viewers or has your current Viewer Auto-updated and changed your Graphics Settings in Preferences.

If the problems began with a change in Viewers types, you might want to perform a clean unistall and re-install your Viewer of choice.

If your Viewer auto-updated, open Preferences and check you Graphics setting, check if play streaming music is enabled.

If it is not this, start by Teleporting to a empty Region like Smith or Voice Echo Canyon and test to see if your pc can recover and perform properly in an empty Region.  

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Check your firewall's allowed access. If your wireless try connecting a wire or reset your router

... and now, I'm getting out of my league, good luck.

When you ask a technical question please click Help->About and copy-past the information into your post. That tells us everything we need to know to make intelligent answers. Otherwise we have to guess.

The type of problem you have is often a connection problem. While logged in press Ctrl-Shift-1 (a toggle) to open the viewer statistics. If you have Packet Loss over 2 or 3% and Ping time is more than 250ms, the problem is probably your connction.

You can test your connection at SpeedTest.net. In the About Info there is an IP and server name. You can test using those if you want high relavance results.

Your problem can also be from a server problem. Look for Time Dilation and Physics FPS. Values be low 1 and 40, respectively, suggest a server problem. Log into another region.

Be sure you restart your computer after you have problems with a viewer. 

Since you are using multiple viewers, you need to read through my Second Life Clean Install to see if there is anything there that will help.

Candie,

Nalates is correct. Lag can be experienced by having a low connection. I suggest the following:

• Check your router's connection
  • Make sure your firewall isn't blocking Secondlife
  • Quit, and try Secondlife in Advanced Mode.

Lag can also be produced by having a low graphics card. Check your system statistics and post your results.

NOTE: Be sure to restart your computer after making changes to your Computer/Router.

- Tom Perkins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.