Showcasing what exactly?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ive been away for 6 months from SL. I come back recently and in a fit of boredom, and a part desire to hunt for updated clothing and apparel for my avatar, visit the shopping section of the 'showcase'. After spending 2 hours visiting these 'showcase' stores, which, to be rather blunt, is garbage i wouldnt throw in a freebie box. Im disgusted by the lack of ANY talented designers in this showcase thing which is supposedly meant to show off the user created content in SecondLife. What a horrible advertisement i might add.

The showcase for venues and shopping stores, should be based on merit, and talent, rather than the kinda of things that were outdated 4 years ago. I have no idea what you were thinking when you implemented this so called 'best of secondlife' showcase here lindenlabs, not only are you making your content and community look bad, but you are crippling the talented designers out there. To show off the kinda of clothing that would make the trashcan in an oxfam store.

Rogue Ashbourne wrote:

Ive been away for 6 months from SL. I come back recently and in a fit of boredom, and a part desire to hunt for updated clothing and apparel for my avatar, visit the shopping section of the 'showcase'. After spending 2 hours visiting these 'showcase' stores, which, to be rather blunt, is garbage i wouldnt throw in a freebie box. Im disgusted by the lack of ANY talented designers in this showcase thing which is supposedly meant to show off the user created content in SecondLife. What a horrible advertisement i might add.

The showcase for venues and shopping stores, should be based on merit, and talent, rather than the kinda of things that were outdated 4 years ago. I have no idea what you were thinking when you implemented this so called 'best of secondlife' showcase here lindenlabs, not only are you making your content and community look bad, but you are crippling the talented designers out there. To show off the kinda of clothing that would make the trashcan in an oxfam store.

What sort of style are you looking for? Try the SLM site yet? Lots of folks look there to see what styles and designers they like.

You might be catching some of these showcase places at the tail end of a long transition so some things are looking a little outdated perhaps.

With mesh coming so soon, updating or remodeling stuff pre-mesh seems kind of a waste of effort (since its kinda outdated again as soon as mesh goes gridwide), so I suspect a lot of places are kind of frozen in time -- quite some time has passed since the first news arrived that mesh was coming to Second Life & that news has been a big incentive for developers to just wait on things.

Check back in a couple months & I suspect these places will mostly look entirely renewed & you will see all new product lines popping up.

Anyone can apply to be in the showcae/destination guide, there are some good shops in it and there are some not so good ones^^

There are some great 'places'  that are not in it, My store and club are in the destination guide, but i dont sell clothing!

Its not based on anything to be in the showcase you just apply a Linden comes and has a look and if they ok it your in

Phoebe Avro

Actually the choice of your words are yours, however i do agree much. Of course SL is not all about top talents and everybody should be given a chance, however from showcase i had always expected more including traffic and friendly services rather than kinda contact disturbed interaction (or none interaction actually) to it's visitors.

I never have ever understood how many of those places actually ended up at show case rating really. Mind that in SL the quality of articulation talent tends to be very low. Somehow many with some contact disturbed syndrom seem to find a way to SL, and what i suspect is that many old timer affiliated computer handy contacts with LL have been granted into it... somehow. I gave up to those places already 4 years ago. Most of the owners are silent, brute or very crude as i have experienced :( sad.

But... that is SL.. Look at the many profiles... there are many friendly ones, but als very many brute ones... :( 

All in all this SL... sadly really.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.