Sign in to follow this  
Candace Hudson

Sorting by Best Seller

Has anyone else noticed that the sort by Best Seller seems to be all messed up in the apparel section. Are 0L$ items supposed to be allowed in this search ? I had never noticed them in there before and now page 9 on seems to list them. I had been watching it for months and got used to the trend and this past week and a half it went totally out the window and not following what you would think are listed as best sellers at all, seems more like highest prices and totally random items.

Candace please excuse my fowardness, I think you are one of the most brilliant creators in SL.  I own and enjoy many of your objet d'art.  Thank you. 

My apologies for not having an answer to your questions. 

Yes, they are allowed in search Candace -- scroll down a bit and you will find some other threads that discuss the odd search results, which apparently some of us see and some of us don't -- Brooke commented on this, but I don't know if they fixed it or not, or whether it has reappeared.

I don't look at search results much but I do look at my storefront, and lately the default sort there has been pretty bizarre.

What's in it for them to fix it at this point when the cost of not fixing it has already been established to be less than the cost of fixing it?

Yes, appears that there has been an adjustment or a delay in the algorithms placing product properly, but I'm going on what appears on own store page - too hard to track daily in general category.

Generally, yesterday's sales will be reflected on your first page the next morning, and today I'm seeing just one item that was sold on the 18th hitting front page.  It should not hit there with only one sale - and had not had a sale on that item forever, so not consistent seller....other things higher priced sell much more - and it is lower priced item - and it should not hit there several days later.  Or at least that's the way it used to work.

One might assume that this will make for a jumbling and interesting mix in the main pages as well.

That's what we do here - assume :)

eta:

rut roh ....you're not gonna want to here this....but that item is sitting top of page one on a 46 page search term result with only one sale at a very low price.

cool for me today....but that isn't so cool in the whole scheme of things.

Thanks for all the feedback :-) yes the more I look into it the more I see this has been going on for a while and is totally messed up. As for whether they plan to actually fix it we will see, mean time putting in support tickets might get some attention. I did file one but was told to file a bug jira. Now I can have fun trying to see if one has already been filed, we all have so much time to do all this instead of creating ... snickers,

Candace Hudson wrote:

Thanks for all the feedback :-) yes the more I look into it the more I see this has been going on for a while and is totally messed up. As for whether they plan to actually fix it we will see, mean time putting in support tickets might get some attention. I did file one but was told to file a bug jira. Now I can have fun trying to see if one has already been filed, we all have so much time to do all this instead of creating ... snickers,

Here's a "Best Selling" jira that's been around for a while: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3140

Hey, look on the bright side. The whole world is gonna end on December 21st, 2012 .. so they still got some time to fix it yet.

(ducks and runs for cover ... LOL)