Windows of the soul

Kelli May

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While I often wear different eyes for specific looks, I have a default set that I think of as me. For a while they were hazel, but for the last couple of years they've been green. 

Recently, I was struck with the notion that I should look for eyes that look like my RL eyes. I think it started as a kind of treasure hunt - find something that might be difficult to find, as much for the challenge as for the prize itself. I turned out to be right; my natural eyes really were hard to find in SL.

windows.png

At the top, the emerald eyes (Sin Skins) I'd worn for some time; below them, my new 'realistic' eyes (Jolie Femme). They aren't exactly like my own eyes - the bronze in my eyes extends further into the green in RL and mixes in more - but they are the closest I've seen. Strangely, they make me feel very different about my avatar, more so than any other change I've made recently. More so than a new skin, a tweak in shape or a hairstyle. And oddly, far more than any of the weird and wonderful eyes I've experimented with over the years in pink, violet, solid black and mother-of-pearl.

Enough rambling... has anyone had a similar experience with eyes? Do you change eyes often, or prefer to stick with one set? Do you have natural or fantastic eyes? As close to RL as you can get, or as far as possible?

I'm not sure if you can see that the eyes is slighly different? This heterochromia effect can only be achieved with prim eyes. I have used more different eyes too, I change eyes depending on what I wear.  Here, I wanted a natural look. I never noticed before, but the eyecolor on the right side is quite close to my RL eyes. 

eyes.jpg 

@Wildcat: Striking... my cat has gold eyes too :)

@Marianne: Very subtle difference, and lovely eyes. The right eye (as I look at the picture, your left eye) is a very natural shade. The pupils seem to be slightly cat-like, too - not sure whether that's part of the design or a trick of the photography, but it adds to the effect.

I'd forgotten how much treasure hunting I'd done to find eyes until this thread popped up...  I've put up my Original Linden eyes which I'd picked and enjoyed because they were unusual and did neat things with certain outfits. 

Eventually my friends subjected me to a makeover intervention and I ended up with the more Natural Me brown eyes, although I never felt comfortable in them... friends loved them (they'd picked obviously) but I always thought they had a strange glow from a distance and weren't close enough to "me" to feel right so the hunt continued. 

I'd missed the unique color and twinkle from my original eyes but I agreed with my friends that the pupils were too big blah blah blah... so my hunt focused on natural appearance with a colorful twinkle minus too much glow.  I eventually found what are truly "Lanas" eyes to me and honestly enjoyed the shopping.  They still do fun things in the light, compliment several outfits nicely, seem 'natural' enough, and it's my Second Life anywho right?

Eyes Have It Original.pngEyes Have It Natural.pngEyes Have It Today.png

It is more a difference in color, I don't think they are meant to have a cat-eye look. It could be the angle also. I better include a slurl: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/CHIC/71/85/23

Part of Fashonably Late (Until August 20th), they sell 4 colors in a pack for 199 L. Different eye sizes and prim eyes included, to wear with a sclera only eye. Aphotic Gloom – Aquilius Eyes – Special Edition #1

I really like eyes. The top left is the one I use now, as on the first post here. The second is what I was wearing the first year in SL. The 2 next on the top shows how small or big eyes can make a difference.

I love fantasy eyes too! Then comes a line of PC eyes, I used eyes from them a long time. Then more fantasy eyes. The Deus eyes is animated, and actually rotate when you zoom in close. I really can't show all the detail in them. Prims of course. I have a lot more eyes, but these is eyes I've worn!

eyes collage.jpg 

Aye-aye! So many eyes. 

@Lanas: Never realised LL made eyes as good as that first set. Love the gold flecks in your current eyes.

@Extemporaneous: grey eyes and red hair, great combination.

@Mari: what a selection!

@Keli: amazing range of colour in those eyes, pale blue to violet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.