none delivery of goods

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would suggest a system that verifies delivery. If not delivered after 24 hours (transferred within the SL servers from account to account), debit the account of the owner's vendor and credit the sum back to the buyer as it is frustrating. 90% Of any merchant never ever reply or super arrogant macho upon a service request.  The bigger they are in SL the worse if often gets. Only since 2003... ahem. Known and old names in SL aren't any garantee either. I had a question recently again about some waterworks. Do you think he ever replied? Nope, although he was right at my face online twice. Just an example of how it often works in SL. Terrible practices that could be avoided partly by the system i propose.

Jimmy51 Lemon wrote:

I believe Linden Labs should charge double the listed price of an item for it to be placed for sale on Market Place and we should get double our money back for items not being delivered.  Maybe it would end the frustration of waiting and waiting.

If you contact only LL for non-delivery of goods, that is what you will do... wait, and wait, and wait.

If something is not delivered immediately via the Marketplace, then contact the merchant. They, for the most part, handle their customers well. LL knows nothing about customer service - not a judgment, just a fact.

Since when does any merchant know anything about service here in SL (ahem) other than some robo like type contact  they can think of. Like, contact the merchant... et cetera. You, me perhaps, but almost nobody else (my experience since 2006). Hardly any merchant every replies, or if they do it is often robo like reply they can RP somehow but in the end will do zip. Very very frustrating. 

There could be a simple automated process to handle it. Even automatic take down the merchant and ban her/him at no compliances.

Quite simple, and it would distinguish amateurs from real pros.

Linda Brynner wrote:

Since when does any merchant know anything about service here in SL (ahem) other than some robo like type contact  they can think of. Like, contact the merchant... et cetera. You, me perhaps, but almost nobody else (my experience since 2006). Hardly any merchant every replies, or if they do it is often robo like reply they can RP somehow but in the end will do zip. Very very frustrating. 

There could be a simple automated process to handle it. Even automatic take down the merchant and ban her/him at no compliances.

Quite simple, and it would distinguish amateurs from real pros.

In my experience, most times it is a matter for the merchant to reset their little magic box - I was a merchant for a time too, as well as a steady customer on MP.

If I ever had any trouble with a merchant, I would use the review process to get back at them, and believe me, I did get back at them.It is a gift I have. (chuckles devilishly)

Slow delivery or failed delivery on the marketplace isn't merchants' fault. It's out of their controle.

Quote from KB :

Unreceived items

Has it been more than 24 hours since you ordered? If so, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. If it has been less than 24 hours, please be patient and check again later. If the merchant doesn't respond, you can submit a support case requesting redelivery. Make sure to include the order number and the exact name of the undelivered item(s).

Slow deliveries may currently be more noticeable because you now have a cart to which you can add multiple items. (This wasn't the case with the old Xstreet, which closed for purchases in October 2010.) Unfortunately, we can only send so many items at a time.

32px-KBnote.png Note: There are several interrelated causes that slow down delivery. We are hard at work on creating a faster and more reliable Marketplace system that will soon make Magic Boxes obsolete.

So file a support ticket with LL to get your purchase redelivered if the merchant doesn't get back to you.

• Like 1

Yoki Enoch wrote:

If I ever had any trouble with a merchant, I would use the review process to get back at them, and believe me, I did get back at them.It is a gift I have. (chuckles devilishly)

On xstreet SL merchant received a notification e-mail everytime a review was posted on thier items, so that was effective to make them get back to you, but on the marketplace such e-mail isn't sent to merchants anymore, so they don't even know someone made a review on their product.

quote from KB :

Writing a good item review

The purpose of reviews is twofold:

• first, to inform other buyers or potential buyers about the merits, drawbacks, and uses of the item; and
  • second, to provide feedback on the seller's customer service.

32px-KBcaution.png Important: For specific concerns and queries about an item you've purchased, you should contact the seller directly instead of posting a review.

Tips

• Be specific. Don't just say "It was great! I liked it." Tell what features of the item you liked best, and why.
  • Include outstanding or unusual aspects. What about the item is special? Why should someone purchase it rather than another similar product?
  • If you had a problem with the item, explain what went wrong. Was it too prim-heavy for your mainland parcel? Did you want to adjust the size, but end up breaking off a piece instead? Buyers with similar situations will appreciate knowing what worked and didn't work for you.
  • If you do have problems, contact the seller first. Give them the opportunity to help you before you post a negative review about the product. And if the issue is resolved, remember to update your review!

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: If your item is not delivered to you, don't leave a negative item review. Failed deliveries are a technical issue and not within the control of the seller. Instead, contact the seller directly, or contact Support to have the item

Automated take down for non compliance with what?

Merchants do not control the code for the magic boxes, do not control the back end for the market's delivery mechanism and do not control the servers for land where the boxes are placed. 

If the market both recognizes the item exists in the magic box (and you cannot buy the item on market place otherwise) and fails to deliver the item while charging the customer for it, this is entirely caused by LL and has nothing to do with merchant compliance.

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

Yoki Enoch wrote:

On xstreet SL merchant received a notification e-mail everytime a review was posted on thier items, so that was effective to make them get back to you, but on the marketplace such e-mail isn't sent to merchants anymore, so they don't even know someone made a review on their product.

Oh sorry, I did not know the email to merchant feature was removed when LL took over. Too bad about that. I wonder why such a good feature was removed?

Anyway, my experience with SL merchants has been 99% positive, and rarely did I have to resort to writing a poor review. In fact, I came across really only one SL merchant who had worse customer service than LL, and that means the ultimate of being bad.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.