Postcards from heaven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you link to images outside of the forum without having to upload them?

I don't like uploading more so I'll just describe my idea of heaven;

-Old medieval keep somewhere in the Scottish Highlands near a loch.
Far away from civilisation, nice and quiet and perfect weather all the time (so no heat and sun)

-Lovely 1920s Dutch house in the Dutch country side with water and woods nearby, again no people around and nice cold weather.

-1930s themed commune somewhere in Northern Europe.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

avenue-of-the-giants-redwoods.jpg

If you go a bit further south after leaving Ferndale you'll be here. The picture really doesn't do it justice; you have to actually be there. Those are the redwoods of northern California. Not the Giant Redwoods of the central Sierra but a slightly different breed: sequoia sempervirens. It's not just that the trees are big (yes, that is a regular two-lane highway); it's the feeling you get when you're there. You are almost never in direct sunlight; it's all filtered through the trees. Ferns everywhere. Silence. When you get out of your car and walk out among the trees you enter an entirely different world. The best description I ever heard was, "It's almost like being underwater".

If you come to California and have time to go only one place—go here. There is nothing like this anywhere else on the planet.

Come live in Elk, bring your own job is their motto. Lovely area but lousy internet:smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.