Postcards from heaven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the only place i  ever think of wanting to ever go to that i have dreamed about is australia..

i have this dream..getting on one of those brumby and just riding the beach all the way around the whole continent by myself..then just doing whatever there was to do that came along on my ride about.

horse-riding.jpg

I once thought I'd like to travel and see other continents, but it turned out that I don't :) No matter how nice the target destination, flying is hell and airports are an utter nightmare. I'd rather spend a week in a mental hospital than ever having to go through airport security again. It's just not worth the stress.

Besides, traveling can be quite a health risk, and not only due to travel stress. Depending on your destination, it can be a hell of a ride for your immune system and you might catch something nasty. There is a reason that tropical diseases are called thus :) And I'm not only thinking of infectious diseases but also of intestinal parasites, brain-eating amoebas (I'm not kidding), or hookworms that eat themselves through the soles of your feet (not kidding here either). I'd rather stay at home where I can safely drink tap water and only have to worry about a flu or a tick bite.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Living in Vancouver I forget to travel.... I am too spoiled for beautiful scenery here...

... i look out my window here & see mountains, the pacific ocean, and forest.... love it :matte-motes-inlove: so happy I moved to this city :matte-motes-asleep-2:

I'd really like to TP over to Europe & check out all that too! Never been there before.

I've been around Thialand (like in the above pic) & that was pretty amazing!

@Ishtara: I only feel that way traveling through American airports, most other nation's airports (at least ones I've experienced) are annoying yet much more tolerable!

Storm Clarence wrote:

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

I'd rather stay at home where I can safely drink tap water and only have to worry about a flu or a tick bite.

Most travel accidents occur less than one mile from home.  

What are the chances of getting brain-eating amoebas? Ew 

In First World countries? Negligible. In Second and Third World countries with a hot climate? That depends on many factors :) For example, did you bring your own food and water, and do you plan on using the pool?

Storm Clarence wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

You had to pick a picture with the two towers didn't you? (Maybe it should have been posted in songs that make you cry) Less then a month before the 10 year anniversary. 

I picked the photo for that reason.  

/me thinks Twin Towers + Postcards From Heaven = /me :matte-motes-crying:

Probably somewhere with Victorian homes, but the weather would have to be right.  I'd pick Eureka, California or Cape May, New Jersey.  There are lots of Victorian homes in California.  It is beautiful here!   This was taken in Eureka, California. 

victorian.JPG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.