Looking for SIM builder (Urgent!!)

Arke Lethecus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there.....:manhappy:

I'm looking for someone who can build SIM site for my research. The site is related to religion, in this case is Chritianity. 

It will be full graphic with interactive environment.  Basically I will hire that person and work together to design the SIM.

Please drop me an e-mail (erkaburuan@ymail.com) if you interested  to work with this project. We will talk more details about the project, 

I'm not a builder but you're question isn't quite clear to me. You allready have a sim and are looking for someone to build it up, to your wishes? Or are you looking for someone who can make do an open sim project? i.e a stand alone sim, not connected to SL.

Maybe if you could elaborate a bit to get more reaction.

This is a public forum so you may want to reconcider posting your email adress.

All the best with your project!

It will be full sim which build from sratch. The sim will be in interactive environment for Chrisitan to explore. I will set up an experiment design with the sim. 

the timeline will be until November 2011. 

Pls, contact my e-mail if you interested so we can talk with the details. Thanks 

Arke Lethecus wrote:

I don't have a sim now...I wanted to build a sim in SL. I'm looking fo a builder who could work together to build it. 

[Apologies if you already know this, it's not obvious from your request]

In SL a sim (simulator) is a 256x256m area of land that you rent from Linden Lab or another resident.  You can't build a sim itself, only build IN it, so the first thing you need to do is get the land.  A full sim is not cheap, so make sure you understand the financial commitment you're making before starting on this.

Once you have the land the skills required are:

• Landscaping - to shape the land and sea
  • Building - for the objects/buildings themselves
  • Texturing - to make the builds look good
  • Scripting - to make them 'do' anything
  • Animating - if interacting with the builds makes the avatars 'do' something
  • Graphic Design - logos, signage, etc. (Generally a different skill to texturing but obviously related)
  • Audio/Visual - ambient sound effects upwards
  • Probably some others because I always forget things from the huge range that can be done in SL

And once you've got it all set up think about greeters, lecturers, managers and any other staff that might be required.  Experienced SL content creators will generally cover two or three of those but it's unusual to find one person that covers them all.  There is so much to SL no-one is good at everything :-)

Thank you for your explaination.. appreciate that. 

Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. I want to hire people who could have commitment with me to start the project. I will be from buying the land, texturing, building, animating. scripting, etc.

I'm aware about the budget that I'm gonna spend for this project. 

Do you have that experience? if so, please send me e-mail to my address above so we could talk the details, perhaps in managing and planning about the project. 

Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.