I STILL can't play :-C

Elisaisabel Munro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On my last trade http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/I-can-t-play/m-p/995567#M1497

i explain things and people tried to help me but i still can't play.. i disable firewall (not active anymore).

There is something wrong since i play Vindictus.  I live in Argentina so i had to make arrangements so i can play where i cant.. (vindictus is not able for latin america)  I disable firewall... i don't know...

Anybody can help me??

I cant get in with phoenix or snowglobe..

Below it's the error message....

:womansad:Untitled-1.jpg

I read the comments in the link you provided.

I think you have an internet connection problem.

Try running a Speed Test on your internet connection. Select a destination test server near the west coast of the United States.

Make sure you don't have any other applications or programs trying to access the internet while Second Life is running.

IF your having problems with phoenix then why are you wrighting in a second life forum not trying ot be rude but you may want to contact phoenix with any connection problems if your not running on a second life viewer i dont see how we can help you sorry please contact phoenix for support 

Hi again Elisaisabel,

You have been in SL for a long time, so obviously this is a new problem, what did you change that made it start?

You must have changed something with your connection, your computer or your viewer, unless something is wrong with your actual avatar.

Have you tried logging in with an alt?

Have you done a clean instal of Phoenix, following the instructions on http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall

Did you get a new Router? & if so have you checked the firewall in that?

Some more information on exactly how the problem started would help.

@ Jaidyn, these forums are for all residents of SL, they are not specific to or exclusive of any viewers. So Elisaisabel has much right to ask for help here as anyone else. :)

You need to give us more information. We are having to guess.

Open the viewer and before attempting a login click Help-About and copy paste that information here.

As suggested, use SpeedTest.net to test your connection. Target San Francisco, California or here is one of the SL region servers: sim9930.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.46.72:13004)  This is a mainland region server... today.

The important numbers for making a connection are Ping and Packer Loss. Ping needs to be something less than 500ms to login. I'm not sure where the actual fail point is. Once on you can see 3,000 to 6,000ms and sometimes remain connected. Anything over 250 make the controls sluggish.

Packet loss over 0% is a problem. You may be able to survive 3 or 4% packet loss. The higher it gets the more problems you'll have.

Also, if you ISP has started blocking ports for some reason you may see problems. You can get port information from Configuring your firewall

Cincia Singh wrote:

Except that this is viewer related, not server, and clearly not a problem on LL's end. That said anyone running a TPV is likely to get their best help from the TPV's support people.

Its not viewer related if its happening on more than one viewer. It would ofc help to know if it happens on ALL viewers, especially as Phoenix & Snowglobe are both V1 viewers.

@ Elisaisabel, have you tried Firestorm?

@Jaidyn

I have to take issue with you here Jaidyn.  THis forum is for ALL users of the Secondlife platform, not merely those who access SL via the Linden viewers.  We help (if we can) ANYone who posts here , not merely Linden Viewer users.

I'm sure you did not mean to imply that users of other viewers are not supposed to use these forums.

The relative merits and demerits of specific viewers are not appropriate subjects for discussion here, but anyone who has issues accessing Secondlife is more than welcome to post here!

what i ment was that for this case should be brought up to phoneix yes you may use the fourms here i never said you cant but what i was saying was that if you go to phoneix i am sure they would be able to help you all the live support people for linden lab well tell you the same thing i said and that is to contact the 3rd party viewer and find out what they can do to help 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.