Viewers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I'm curious...I detest viewer 2 and firestorm. The graphics look cheesy, and all the extra crap is really freakin annoying. I use singularity myself, but a friend told me that both mcaffee and norton quarantined it as malicious. Does anyone know if it actually is malcious, or if it's just something those overly paranoid programs -think- is malicious?

It would make me sad, since IMO it's the smoothest running of all of the viewers I've tried.

Honehe Loudwater wrote:

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I'm curious...I detest viewer 2 and firestorm. The graphics look cheesy, and all the extra crap is really freakin annoying.

Firestorm is nothing like V2 unless you want it to be. I can only assume that you didn`t stay on it long enough to realise that you can completely change just about everything about it & have it looking however you want...Including like a V1 viewer.

I hope you find a viewer that you do like, fortunately nowdays we are lucky enough to have several options available :)

It's not the viewer itself that I don't like the looks of, it's the in-game graphics. My av looks completely different, and completely cheesy in it. I also don't like a lot of the extra features that clog everything up. sidebars etc. Not to mention it seems like an utter resource hog.  About the only feature I do like is the ease of saving/changing outfits

Honehe Loudwater wrote:

It's not the viewer itself that I don't like the looks of, it's the in-game graphics. My av looks completely different, and completely cheesy in it. I also don't like a lot of the extra features that clog everything up. sidebars etc. Not to mention it seems like an utter resource hog.  About the only feature I do like is the ease of saving/changing outfits

Graphics can be adjusted to as good or cheesy as your card can handle..

it's one of the v2 viewers where the side bar can be totally eliminated..and  as far as hogging resources..well thats in the adjustments again..

my system runs it better than it did phoenix or any other viewer..

not once have i crashed  since using firestorm..i can't say that about the rest..because i have crashed in those..

still though..for singularity..it's just giving out a false positive to your anti virus software..emerald or maybe it was phoenix..maybe both ..but they were doing the same thing before..

they are not holding a virus in them..just make sure you are downloading from their site suggested ..just to be on the safest side =)

Honehe Loudwater wrote:

I agree about the V2 UI LL came up with, its very unpopular but LL doesn`t seem to care what we think. The fact that we are gradually being pushed onto V2 viewers in order to get the latest features is pretty unavoidable, but Firestorm has done great with what it is given to work with, by making options to get rid of the sidebar & bring back features from V1 that were more user friendly & offering different skins. But yeah, you can`t get away from the fact that some parts of the UI are just not moddable.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

I agree about the V2 UI LL came up with, its very unpopular but LL doesn`t seem to care what we think.

LL cares more than they used to. Several residents talked with Durian Linden in-world during SLCC about Viewer 2 and the changes we'd like. He seemed to agree with many of the comments. Linden Lab said during SLCC that they are working on combining the basic & advanced user interfaces into a single UI and that they've heard us about the sidebar. (See http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2011/08/slcc-product-team-panel-highlights.html). 

I don't expect much to change until mesh has been dealt with, but I do hope (for the first time) that LL will fix Viewer 2's UI. IMO, they'd do well to start by incorporating Firestorm's code. I like to be able to customize the viewer.

Parhelion Palou wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

I agree about the V2 UI LL came up with, its very unpopular but LL doesn`t seem to care what we think.

LL cares more than they used to. Several residents talked with Durian Linden in-world during SLCC about Viewer 2 and the changes we'd like. He seemed to agree with many of the comments. Linden Lab said during SLCC that they are working on combining the basic & advanced user interfaces into a single UI and that they've heard us about the sidebar. (See
). 

I don't expect much to change until mesh has been dealt with, but I do hope (for the first time) that LL will fix Viewer 2's UI. IMO, they'd do well to start by incorporating Firestorm's code. I like to be able to customize the viewer.

hahaha...combining basic & advanced because basic was up there with the top 5 fails of the last year, so that just puts them back with the crappy viewer they had before the added basic.

As for the sidebar, the vast majority of users have been against that since day 1, did they listen? NO, its only now because Rodvik finally says he doesn`t like it & all of a sudden they are working on getting rid of it.

So excuse me for not feeling like LL give a damn about residents opinions, it would appear you need to become the CEO to get heard. Kudos to the Firestorm developers for actually listening to what the users want.

Vladi Hazelnut wrote:

In my opinion Norton and mcaffee are malicious lol. I wouldn't have either one on my computer.

I'm not sure I disagree....seems to me they're more trouble than they're worth, and I'm not convinced the people who are writing viruses aren't the same people who write anti-virus software to keep the products in circulation ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.