Account hacked

Cristal Chesnokov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My account has been hacked/tampered with. My username is not what I initially created, what can I do? I want to change it from Cristal Chesnokov, which is NOT what I created it under initially, to Crystal Snow. :( Is there anything I can do? I am certainly NOT russian and do not want a russian or whatever username. D: And I have too much under the account already.

UPDATE: I contacted support at their 800 number. They are NOT GOING TO HELP ME. They said "well the name is similar to your real life name since it is Cristal... and you probably created it and forgot." So they are NOT going to help me D:

"We only change the account name if it is offensive or etc."

:matte-motes-confused:

Also, in response to the question: If you forget your login info. (password or even username), you can submit a request via your e-mail by typing in your e-mail address and answering the security question. They will then e-mail you the login info (ALL OF IT), including the account username and instructions to CHANGE your password. I was not able to log in, and this is when I found out this info. out.

7 answers to this question

There is no way a user can change their username.  If you created this account in 2008 under a different name and it has since been changed, you need to contact Linden Lab directly.  Try Live Chat since your profile shows you as a premium member.

https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

--Cinn

Edited to add:  Ok I wasn't going to ask this but curiosity got the best of me.  If someone hacked into your account and changed the username, how did you figure out what it was changed to in order to log in?

• Like 2

@ Keith, you don`t sound like you have been hacked, it sounds more like you got charged liabilities by one or more of your groups. Go to your Transaction History on your dashboard & check all the recent activity on your account....Especially for Tuesdays. If you have been charged by a group it will say the group name & you can contact the group owner to see if it is a mistake or deliberate policy for that group.

Seems to me if you lost your login settings, you just send message to LL with a different email and they reset pw for you.

A friend tried it say he forgot his pw and secret question and LL did reset his PW.

Seems to me LL doesn't know anything about security at all.

It's pretty easy to building safety feature like sending confirm email with attached link Where the changed settings will be final. Forums act like that for years. Changes can only be made when logged in and new pw, email or any other changes in the account info will be final AFTER confirmation sended to the Email that was related to the account before changes are made.

WAKE UP LL

My account was hacked and yes my user name was changed.  It showed me my user name when I said I forgot user name-and it was not mine.  She could not get into my email. Yet, i had my user name changed and I do not know how she got into my account-or if she did at all.  l just know i could not get in and it took me a little time to figure it out.  I also was not asked a secret question-what happened to that?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.