Why?

af41

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have just been told by two friends that my avi has been biten by a vamp and that my soul is in Limbo.
I didn't believe it at first but when the second friend told me the same, it bothered me greatly.

See, I have been biten by someone I have never even talked to. I find it very unfair that I should have been attacked when I don't even hang around vamp places....and I am certainly not into it at all.

Is there any way to sanction people like that? I mean, my attitude is live and let live. But being unknowingly attacked by strangers is grief.

So basically I am now "infected" and I could get attacked yet again without even knowing it.
I think griefers should have their accounts closed.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWERS. I'LL DO THAT THEN...I'LL JUST IGNORE IT.

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN VAL emoticon.jpg

Thanks Jaylin. You ask how come my friends told me about this problem. Because those 2 are vamps. When I met them they told me they were vamps and I made it clear to them that I had zero interest in that so that if they wanted to be friends with me then they would have to respect that.

And my vamp friends have respected me. They just scanned me.  And  in fact I now know the name of the woman who bit me despite the fact that I have never even met or spoken to her.

And another thing, yes I think that those who attack people are griefing and should have their accounts closed.

6 answers to this question

Don't worry. You cannot be bitten again when you have been bitten once. I discovered myself that I have been bitten back in August 2008 without knowing it. I never was infected nor it affected my avatar or account in any way. Just ignore the griefer. If you know the name, mute and ban from your land. It's not even worth filing an AR. Go on living happily your second life and just forget about others told you. Your soul is not and will never be in limbo. Your soul belongs to you and nobody's else. This limbo thing is a stupid legend and even more stupid the supposed infected status. This is just roleplay crap.

Ignore and keep on having fun! :smileyhappy:

• Like 1

unless the vampire RP systems have changed in the last couple of years you can't be bitten unless you accept a bite request it's quite easy to stop it from happening one of the most popular vampire RP systems is bloodlines and they sell a free garlic necklace you simply wear it click it and you won't get bite requests anymore from users of that system with in bloodlines/vampire RP your soul can be in limbo but that really means nothing outside of bloodlines/vampire RP it doesn't effect the rest of your SL

• Like 1

Hiya af, I have send you the Garlic Necklace in-world, follow below instructions and enjoy a bite free second life :matte-motes-big-grin-wink: *meows*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.:[ Bloodlines: The Garlic Necklace ]:.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings!

This garlic necklace was created by Liquid Designs, the creators of the Bloodlines game in Second Life, to ward off vampires.

Bloodlines is supposed to be a fun game, but some people have complained that they receive too many bite requests from our vampires, and they don't think that it's very fun to be beset by bloodthirsty creatures of the night at every turn. So, we created this free, transfer / copy item for people that don't want to be a part of vampire roleplay.

TO OPERATE PROTECTION:

1) Right-click the necklace item in your inventory, and choose "Wear".
2) Once you see the necklace on your body, a blue menu should appear.
3) Choose "Activate" from the options - and you're instantly protected!

You don't need to constantly wear the necklace - once you've selected "Activate", you'll be impervious to vampire bite requests.

If at any time, you decide that you might want to check out the Bloodlines game, even to play as a human, you can always wear the necklace again and reactivate yourself by choosing "Reactivate" from the menu options.

To learn more about the Bloodlines RP game systems, visit www.slbloodlines.com.

Have a Happy Second Life!

The thing is that I was never requested to be biten. I was never spoken to by the vamp.

Needless to say even if she had asked me I would have told her to go and jump off a cliff. LOL.

But seriously, she bit me from a distance without my knowledge or approval. That's what annoyed me.

You should ask, why your "friends" know... for in order to know, they must be playing Bloodlines too.

The "Game" asks you if you accept the bite, did any of your "friends" offer you a hug or stuff latety,

and mixed the bite request in?

About the morally questionable way of "Bloodlines" - players spamming bite requests, entire sagas have been written in this forum, i think, even the creators set it, so newbies under a certain age cant be bitten. The Garlic Necklace kind of registers you, even only as a "i dont wanna play" person, and so, is "opt-out" instead of "opt-in", in the eyes of many extremely questionable.

But the "Status of your Soul" is only for this one crappy pyramid-scheme game, so your avatar is not actually hurt, even though i have to admit, its kinda ennerving and feels bad to get told this.

In my opinion they should ban the "game" and its creators, but for now they did not yet overstep the line that makes Linden itself get active.

The BEST Defense against the system is muting the bite or claw attachment of the "game" itself, and never ever click an ok, on a popup without reading it thouroughly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.