AlistairCuis

Norse RP Sims?

Hey I am currently looking for a norse RP sim. I can't seem to find one at all no matter how hard I search. Has anyone heard of a medieval celtic/ norse themed sim? I know thre' roman ones in abundance but I have more interest roleplaying as a Thane.

Please note I am not looking for a gorean trovaslander sim.

Looks like you're not only searching for RP in a different region setting, but also in a different era. Most medieval RP sims seem to be set in the late Middle Ages, even though they claim otherwise. It's the King Arthur phenomenon, knights in heavy plate armor in what is supposed to be the 6th century :) Always reminds me of this cartoon:

PBF209-Now_Showing.jpg

That doesn't really help me much at all...

I'm asking if anyone knows a sim that would be like  600 AD in northern Germany kind of place. It doesn't matter what meter they use I am jsut looking for the enviroment.

The norse gods such as Odin, Thor, etc. as well as the culture and buildings mead halls, longhalls, and such....

Hello,

Maybe you can take a look in Nordhaven.

I have play there a while and at the time they

using this theme. But I have no I dea how it is now.

I have not been there more for 6 months or longer.

I am playing now in German sims but that is more in

the time of middle ages. They have also a site where you can look.

But I am not home, so I cannot can give you the link.

Bye bye,

Anna Carlberg,

AlistairCuis wrote:

That doesn't really help me much at all...

I'm asking if anyone knows a sim that would be like  600 AD in northern Germany kind of place. It doesn't matter what meter they use I am jsut looking for the enviroment.

Sorry, I wish I could help :( Alas, I don't know of any sim that meets your requirements. I just felt compelled to comment because there is not much else going on in these forums. A search for "Viking RP" brings up quite a few locations, but those that have nothing to do with Gor seem to be German RP communities.

The norse gods such as Odin, Thor, etc. as well as the culture and buildings mead halls, longhalls, and such....

I don't want to nitpick, but the northern Germanic tribes called them Wodan and Donar instead of Odin and Thor :) (hence the German word "Donner" for thunder. Donnerstag used to be Donar's dag back then. Just like the english Thursday - Thor's day).

Jo Yardley wrote:

So... looking for vikings with horns on their helmets?

I'm not sure that would be very authentic :) Their typical headgear was a bit more practical. People always confuse the Vikings with bronze age Celts and Gauls.

Helmets_Leather_Viking_Helm.jpg

• Like 1

It was a trick question ;)

There is no evidence whatsoever that Vikings wore horns on their helmets.

But most 'Viking' sims I've seen in SL missed that history lesson.

That is proof enough to me!

Gosh I remember that, how old does that make me?

I have a lot of friends involved in historical Viking re-enactment/Living History.

I love telling them about vikings with horns on their helmets hehehehe.

AlistairCuis wrote:

Hey I am currently looking for a norse RP sim. I can't seem to find one at all no matter how hard I search. Has anyone heard of a medieval celtic/ norse themed sim? I know thre' roman ones in abundance but I have more interest roleplaying as a Thane.

Please note I am not looking for a gorean trovaslander sim.

I don't know of any but if you find one please let me know. I will rp a Völva or Seiðkona.

Jeanne

There, I wasn't intending to promote just answer a question in case someone read this and knew where to go. Thank you so much for your concern about a dead post and assuming I was advertising.

Edited by Drayden Silverweb

3 minutes ago, Drayden Silverweb said:

was I not suppose to answer a question?

After 6 years?  That is not an answer, that's hijacking a dead thread to promote your own sim.

• Like 4