Favorite movies new or old =)

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

@ Dillon:  YES!  I can't believe I forgot about Buckaroo Banzai!!!  Loved that movie.  Now I need to see if I can find it to share with my kids.....  /me grumbles about old vhs format....

Here you go, DVD format and all: BB from a place that sells stuff

@Lia: I remember not being all that impressed with 'Shakespeare' at the start, thinking they were spending too much time with the gag lines like 'a plague o'er both your houses', etc. But somewhere in the middle I got drawn in, and by the time they reached the scene in which Shakespeare is telling the cast how the story will finish I was absolutely captivated. Great movie.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

This is my absolute favorite movie of all time.  I can't count the number of times I have watched it and it never gets old.  My 3 daughters and I have it memorized word for word, from beginning to end.  You probably won't want to watch it with us.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I love, love, love this movie.

I tried to find the scene I liked best, when the guy who plays Gere's second in command catches the flying shrimp, or whatever it was. I loved that. At least he's in this clip, with the big grin. Very cool movie and I am not sure it counts as a chick flick. The one where Kevin Costner dives off the sailboat and drowns saving the tourist's wife? That was a chick flick.

This movie by far holds the record for most viewings by me. I watched it so many times growing up that I could easily recite all the dialogue. And big arguments would erupt between me, my sister, and our neighbor friends when singing along to the soundtrack (on vinyl!) over who got stuck singing the boy parts in "Summer Nights."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.