Favorite movies new or old =)

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

lets see some trailers..since we have been putting up music videos..lets see some movies you like..

it could be ones you have just seen or fro when you were growing up or whenever..

i know i am always looking to watch something old or new ..maybe we can get some good ones on here that someone wishes to see that they haven't or some that others had forgotten about and would love to see again..

this one we had seen just the other night..i know there have been a lot of body change exchange movies..but this one really was hilarious..

The Change-up

this one is a few years old but still one of my favorites..for people that love anime..this is what it would feel like if it were brought to real life..great work was done on this film..

Casshern

Yay, a 'favorites' category I can actually deal with! Music was too hard.

Pamela has already gotten one of mine: 'The Man Who Would Be King' is truly a great movie. Someone wrote that it's really hard to make decent movies from novels; there is simply too much plot and character development in a novel for a movie to deal with. But movies made from short stories can capture almost every nuance the author placed there. 'King' is from a Kipling story. Another really good movie is 'The Shawshank Redemtion' which was based on a short story by Steven King.

So here's one of my all time favorites, based on utter silliness.

I have more. I'll be back (and no that is not from one of my favorites, but it's a good line).:smileywink:

Maybe ill hunt some trailers later. Now ill just give a list: (Edit, instead of trailers, ill add IMDB links)

Liisa Runo wrote:

Maybe ill hunt some trailers later. Now ill just give a list:
  • Alien, Aliens, Alien3
  • Fight Club
  • Matrix
  • Pi
  • Hardware
  • Andromeda strain (the old one)
  • Blade Runner
  • Soylent Green
  • Silent Running
  • the Thing
  • Hard Candy
  • Carrie
  • Zatoichi
  • Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
  • Spirited Away
  • Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Totoro
  • Ghost in the shell
  • The Incredibles
  • Nightmare Before christmas
  • Moon
  • Idiocracy
  • Naked Lunch

Nice list! Don't forget "Logan's Run", very much in the mix with those plus Jenny Agutter with no clothes on (always a plus). Here's one of your trailers :-)

And one more for me. There's a better Bogart/Bacall movie—"To Have and Have Not"—but I couldn't find a trailer. This one is based on a novel by Raymond Chandler; screenplay by William Faulkner. People say the plot makes no sense but in fact it makes perfect sense if you've seen the movie more than once and read the book three or four times (I own both). Sadly the Hollywood Public Library is no more, but in the late eighties it still looked just like it does in this trailer.

Yup. Logan's Run is one of them better 70's scifi movies. But just not enough to make it to my hall of fame.

From the 70's scifi, Dark Star is almost in my list. Almost.

Also star wars and lord of the ring movies are not in my list. Everyone love those. No need to list them.

Is YouTube down? I can't get to it now. So for now, a list of a few more favorites. I'll come back later to add the trailers.

• Groundhog Day (sentimental reasons, it was my first date with Zeke)
  • The Princess Bride
  • ET
  • Gone With the Wind
  • Toy Story 3
  • BBC/A&E production of Pride & Prejudice (I know this is cheating, since it's not the movie but the TV miniseries, which I far prefer to the movie)

Anything by the Mad Genius of Cinema Jan Svankmajer. Particularly his version of Alice in Wonderland, called Alice.

Here is a short trailer of his works:

Simply outrageous. His work was pre digital era don't forget. There used to be a show on a TV channel here that featured this type of stop motion animation and that is how I came across his work. (ten years ago?)

Btw the collection does not exist as far as I know.

Oh! How i managed to forget the holy grail. Totally in the hall of fame.

That Jan Svankmajer stuff looks intresting. Reminds me of "The Amazing Mr. Bickford". Someone once warned people to not eat LSD before watching the movie. Me and friend took it as a challenge. Bad mistake.

Marigold that list was Liisa's (post before mine). I just copied it and yes, there are a bunch of winners in there :-)

ETA: Wow, very cool SL 'rendering', but then I've come to expect that sort of thing from Marigold Devin. Was 'Big' the one where they danced on the oversized piano keyboard? That was one of the greatest scenes ever.

this is absolutely one of my favorite movies, a film about the life and death of Ian Curtis, who was the leadsinger of a band called Joy Division (UK)....

, Dead Souls, .... . Ian Curtis committed suicide in 1980. Short after his death the other band members started a new band called New Order who became popular with songs as: Blue monday,
, .... 

The movie itself was directed by Anton Corbijn and based on the book by Deborah Curtis (the wife of Ian Curtis): "Touching From A Distance", the movie was released in 2007.

->everytime I see the movie I am :matte-motes-crying: *meows*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.