Second Life documentary on Oprah's OWN channel - August 25 (Thursday)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Life 2.0 is a pretty largescale production, sadly I've never had the good fortune of seeing it. Not living in the US, I'll likely miss it this time around too. :P

http://www.life2movie.com/ is the official link to the movie site + trailer and associated info, for those interested.

The story's pretty interesting, though it's focussed around people who have complications in their Second Lives, and that can be a bit distorting.

Regarding the comments... yeah. This is how SL's seen outside on the wider Internet. It's fairly normal.

I love it regardless.

ETA: Ralph Pootawn features in the comments. +1

Sad but true, the weird, excotic, extreme, perverse and odd people in SL are simply more facinating to the average viewer.

I am not interested in any of the things the people do in this documentary, as someone who uses SL for history and educatin and who does not run around doing naughty hanky panky pixely, I'd probably be too boring for such documentaries.

Same ol' stuff. They trash SL in public but then they secretly log in to get their freak on. I mean look at all those newbie avatars having sex in public. Those aren't long time SL residents. All news is good news. SL has become the zeitgeist for virtual worlds.

I think it can be both good and bad for SL.

Personally I don't believe that I need to face "risk or loss" in order to make SL interesting.

I read 1 page of comments and had enough. Is there a specific comment you had hoped readers here would review?

I will not see it because I do not receive programming from the broad casting telling in vision.

Hollywood is named after the Holly Tree, magic wands have traditionally been made from the wood of this tree. The tree is said to be imbued with special powers which Channel energy. Disney starts all it's programs with a Fairy who strikes her magic wand to enchant the audience.    

I personally love documentaries, and ive seen "When Strangers Click" and "You Only Live Twice", i think When Strangers Click, was a step in the right direction, because it showed the relationship between a couple, and that was a softer side and a more kind side of second life. I will be watching the Documentary, because im curious of what "outsiders" will be fed on what SL is. I watched the preview and the first thing that went thru my mind was "why is it with a new doumentary people still have shitty avatars" it dosent do justice to SL when there are THOUSANDS of beautiful avatars, but people keep showing the ass-ugly ones. and why dosent anyone do a documentary on the ART in second life, creating skins, and sculpts and textures, they arent easy and they are an art, or even Photography in SL. Things that make SL beautiful, and wonderful, and the place we "live" not just the addiction, or the shady side. Itd be so nice to see a documentary on the beautiful art, and amazing artists in second life, and shows just how amazing it is.

Kandee Koray wrote:

I personally love documentaries, and ive seen "When Strangers Click" and "You Only Live Twice", i think When Strangers Click, was a step in the right direction, because it showed the relationship between a couple, and that was a softer side and a more kind side of second life. I will be watching the Documentary, because im curious of what "outsiders" will be fed on what SL is. I watched the preview and the first thing that went thru my mind was "why is it with a new doumentary people still have shitty avatars" it dosent do justice to SL when there are THOUSANDS of beautiful avatars, but people keep showing the ass-ugly ones. and why dosent anyone do a documentary on the ART in second life, creating skins, and sculpts and textures, they arent easy and they are an art, or even Photography in SL. Things that make SL beautiful, and wonderful, and the place we "live" not just the addiction, or the shady side. Itd be so nice to see a documentary on the beautiful art, and amazing artists in second life, and shows just how amazing it is.

Because no one would watch that. People only react to bad news and depravity.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.