Can`t change hair, eyebrows, or eyes! Help!

Miraiina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

I`m new to Second Life, and im in a bit of a pickle. I`m trying to change my avatar`s hair color and eye color, but I dont see any hair or different eyes, just a bald head and weird eyes. The actual avatars themselves have hair, but I just cant change the color or see my changes in the menu, even if I save it. 

please help? I have tried both SL Viewer 2 and SL Viewer Beta, and have not had sucess. :(

• 8 months later...

I can't find a way to change the eye color either. Going to the edit appearance pane just lets me change the shape into something weird, but no way to change the color. It quite frustrating, I'm anticipating more frustration just with trying to edit my avatar. This is definitely not user friendly.

Wear different hair, eyes, whatever.  You will need to get free ones (eg; from NCI), buy them or make your own.

SL is not a dressing-up game and all but the most basic changes to your avatar require more knowledge of creating and editing objects than just an inroduction gives you.  The plus side is that once you can make more or less anything in SL you can make almost everything.

(There is a possible alternative for hair, if it is modifiable.  Right-click and edit it, on the texture tab there is a colour-panel you can click to change the 'applied' colour.  Note, however, that this is in addition to any colour the base texture has so, unless that is grey-scale you probably won't have much luck)

:-) Lol, well yes dressing-up is probably one of the more popular pastimes in SL.  What I meant, without going into the details, is that it was only initially designed for system clothes, hair, etc. to be easy (ish).  Once you get into the whole wig-wearing, psychedelic-graphic eyeball, object-editing then the whole complexity of SL comes into play.

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

:-) Lol, well yes dressing-up is probably one of the more popular pastimes in SL.  What I meant, without going into the details, is that it was only initially designed for system clothes, hair, etc. to be easy (ish).  Once you get into the whole wig-wearing, psychedelic-graphic eyeball, object-editing then the whole complexity of SL comes into play.

Got it!  In one sense, anything that isn't system clothes is a 'hack.'

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.