Second Life Viewer 2 Slow and Laggy

DaishaLynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if its just me, or just my computer.  But The viewer is sooo slow and when I go into places with a ton of people or items it takes forever for me to just walk around.

Sometimes, I get soo much lag that I have to close second life altogether.  And restart.

I love second life, but it would be so much better if I could get around this problem.

I have windows Vista, and I am using a laptop.  My software isn't ancient, so I don't know what the problem is.

Can someone please help me find a solution to this?

So I went to my preferences and went to where you said and come to find out, My Anisotrophic filtering and Anti-Aliasing aren't enabled at all.  They are both disabled.  

Should they be turned on and just put onto a low setting? Or could those two possibly not be the problem at all?

Hmm, hard to say then, those 2 are just the ones that really slows the viewer down the most.

Without knowing your computer specs, the next guess would be adjusting the max.bandwith (if possible to 1000).

Otherwise, you might want to lower down the graphics prefs and then slowly raise them again until you have the best compromise between looks and performance. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.