Songs that make you happy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Another quirk from down under.. more shake your head and laugh than happy, region specific humour always guaranteed to offend someone.. somewhere. (dog munching away happily may cause this to get zapped)

TISM (This Is Serious Mum), were massive here for a decade or so.

I might add that despite appearances everything was always passed by the appropriate authorites for display on/in national media and airwaves.

ACDC..this always makes for instant energy..

soul to soul..i always loved this song

La bouche one of my fave duet groups..

this was a tribute to Melain thornton that her partner Lane McCray had made for her after a plane crash had taken her from him..she had an amazing voice..it flashes over videos and music they had made in the past together.i love this song..all their songs are so up beat..

@Sylvia, no "tuts" at all! Livin' La Vida Loca makes me want to dance, too!

@Dillon, Hall & Oates? That's the music I listened to when I was my daughter's age. Now I really do feel old!

@Dres, I'd love to hear some of your music sometime. Lillie and Gypsy both I'm sure would be willing to give you tips on how to get set up for that.

@Katt, I had never heard "Bubble Toes" before, but that's the second time in less than two days that I've seen a reference to that song, in completely different places. I wonder if that's a sign of something? Also, I'd have included "Here Comes the Sun" in my picks, but you beat me to it!

@Mayalily, I love "Shiny Happy People" (and all things R.E.M.)

@Valerie, I have such memories associated with "In Your Eyes." In college we made up our own lyrics to it to roast a friend's poor navigational skills on a long road trip. I can't listen to that song without thinking of "our" version.

@Claireschen, Love "Walking on Sunshine." Can't believe I didn't think of that one last night!

@everyone else, I'll listen to the rest of these happy songs when I'm home later. Can't wait!

And finally, here's another contribution to the list. This one is dedicated to Dee, who always makes us dance in SL.

This next song makes me so happy because it is the first time Mike Campbell sang in any Heartbreakers live performance.  Mike Campbell was always too shy to sing, but what an amazing guitarist is that Mike Campbell.  When I first saw the DVD I was like OMG, Mike is singing, and a Heartbreakers fan said it best in the Filmore recording, "Mike, thanks for singing!".   p.s. the guitars and the whole band just RAWKS!  What a ******* great song! 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, the middle one I never heard of before (but like), the other two I simply love... in fact, basically anything from the Cocteau twins or Delerium... well especially the Twins.  Strangely, what you posted reminded me of this remake, for some reason (doesn't really matter, it makes me happy anyway)...

...Dres

• 7 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.