I was hoping the SL Angels would love me more.

Extemporaneous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I was little my mom use to call freckles "kisses from angles" and when I came to Second Life I was hope to capture some of that magic in my avatar. But I guess the people that make skins in SL have  never really seen someone with freckles because the skins I found have very subtle freckles. I have attached some pictures to show what I mean. Can any of you help a lurker? 

freckles.jpg

Picture 27.png

Extemp_003.jpg

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

OMG, that's a good idea with rather beautiful examples. =^-^=

But, I think the problem is in the resolution available in SL skins.  I could be wrong, though.  But, what few ginger skins I've found have been quite the mess.  The baking process eats them alive. (._.)

I have seen some good tattoos I wonder if I can create alpha layer freckles and just add them to this skin? It is worth a try dyt? I am almost certain I could do it with an arm or a leg but the the face has so many curves stretching is bound to happen.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Suella Ember is pretty 'up' on the freckle faced redhead fashion (and attitude as she manifests
moments of pure insanity;
she also likes cheese, a lot.)  If she does not respond to this thread, PM her.  She is always willing to help.  

Sounds like we will have a lot in common and we should get along just fine. I wonder if I leave her cheese alone if she will keep out of my lemons, or we could share. ;) 

Picture 24.png

Until you find enough freckles on one layer, you can always mix several layers. I use this as my basic freckle layer: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LFauna-20-Tattoo-Full-Body-Freckles/1509675

It may not look right, but it is 3 colors of freckles in the pack, and if you use the darkest color with a light skin, you will see them much better. If your skin also has freckles, you have the lighter skin freckles with the dark tattoo freckles, and you can top it with face freckles from Glamorize. Use 2 different ones here maybe? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Glamorize-Freckle-Face-4-Freckle-Tattoo-Layers/1400547

The possibility of making your own freckles sounds like a great idea. Then you will use only one layer for freckles and can use the other tattoo layers for makeup and hairbase. I assume you use a viewer with multiple layers?

You can download the Starlight skin templates. http://sites.google.com/site/another/resources

They give you a very helpful guide when you will add on your own freckles. It is many free brushes to download and use . :) 

I had to mix the layers just so I could see if I was right. I like it!

L.Fauna EXTRA FRECKLES [Tan]

.:Glamorize:. Freckle Face - Gingerly

.:Glamorize:. Freckle Face - Cheek to Cheek

I even had room for tattoo lashes:   [[Mozz]] Lashes - 04 and tattoo lipstick:  [:T:] Sara / bronze / lips :: Sweet

Other places that sell freckles?

freckle_002 copy.jpg 

UV mapping. I think  many people in Sl do not bake or projection paint real skins so much because of the stretch you get because the object in your 3D software or 3D plugin in photoshop doesn't match 100% with your SL avatar UNLESS you export the exact avatar. Even then, it might not match up to well.

I have a freckled skin...uh, it is female as well. It sort of smudges at parts. I will try and find the name....I can't remember which av it was one though.

I'm mostly redhaired and always freckled in SL.   Amongst a few others, i do have one VERY dense freckle layer for all over the body but the store has since closed down.  I'm sorry as i know this doesn't help you.  However, i'd love to see what you come up with by yourself.  Who knows, you may have a potential customer.

Extemporaneous wrote:

When I was little my mom use to call freckles
"kisses from angles"
and when I came to Second Life I was hope to capture some of that magic in my avatar.

Looks like the angels kissed your avatar quite a lot. May I suggest the name AngelKist or perhaps more simply AngelKissed?

Thank you, but maybe I am more "Tattoo layer addicted"? ;)

I use tattoo layers for Hairbase, cleavage, lashes, eyeliners, eyeshadows, moles, freckles, dimples, eyebrows, blushers, lipsticks, lipgloss, tears, teeth, tattoos, tanners, bandaids, mud, blood, face paint, war paint, scars, wounds....

Tattoo layers, alpha layers and multiple layers is changes LL made that I totally love. Often, 5 layers isn't enough! :D

Storm Clarence wrote:

Marianne I will add you to my list of freckle knowledgeable people.  

Yes, you look great! LFauna is one of the first to make tattoo freckles, and I think she did a great job. I heard Mynerva sell tattoo freckles, but I have not checked them out. The skins with freckles they sell is really well made.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

That result is just fantastic. Well done.

I *had* to take a look at Mynerva. And they had freckles, indeed!

Now that you have freckles you like, I shouldn't show you these... But they give a very nice, full freckled option with only 1 tattoo layer. That can be good to know for other makeup-addicts like me, 4 layers free to add on stuff with. This is the "Hundreds and thousands" (apt name?) in the darkest version. No added freckle layers.

hundreds...jpg

Notice that they are more interesting, with moles or darker freckles on the chest? And this one has a rosy cheek option too. So you get 6 options, 3 shades + 3 shades with blush. It looked nice with the Gingerly freckles from Glamorize too!

Thanks again Marianne. You look so lovely in that picture that I just had to try out one more. ;)

So this is the first four layers we came up with yesterday.

Extem_002.jpg

The Hundreds and Thousands Skin.

Extem_001.jpg

The Hundreds and Thousands Tattoo Layer Medium.

Extem_003.jpg

The Hundreds and Thousand Tattoo Layer Dark.

Extem_004.jpg

Great! You now have a freckles tattoo layer collection! :D

When tattoo layers was new, I used body freckles in the light version just to add some structure to a skin I was wearing with blond hair. Sometimes skins look a bit too "airbrushed". I also liked the moles option Mynerva had, the "Dot to dot" layer. Maybe I get that one too. No wonder my inventory grows. Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been around for weeks and looks like I missed this party :(

Glad you found some cool freckles though Extemporaneous (that's a rather marvellous name by the way!)

I've always been a little annoyed at the lack of freckly skins in SL too, but it's got a lot better now, particularly with the wonders of tattoo layes. Yay for crazy, freckle faced redheads (who likw cheese!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.