Hi i am new in second life and wanted to know if i could get a unskilled job mabey to be a dancer?

silvercool1220

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

There are TONS of dancer jobs in SL. A quick look in the Jobs classifieds will give you a big list of places to apply. I agree that you do need to look good for any job in SL and many employers will not hire brand new folks (a 30 day clause seems to apply for many). You CAN get some extremely nice free skins as group gifts and hunt prizes. Watch the fashion blogs.  Here are a couple of feed URLs but there are plenty more, just do a search in Google.  http://shopaholicfeed.com/, http://iheartsl.com/.

MEANWHILE, while "serious" dancers and models and such do spend a lot of money looking good, buying clothes and skins and such, there are also plenty of jobs out there that are basically "camping" jobs. That was a pervasive means of employment three or four years ago when traffic to a sim determined placing in the search engine. So there ARE stores out there that pay very little for in store models and long term "dancers" and all you actually need to do is show up, plunk your avatar down on the stand or pole and leave them there. Some jobs want you to sort of be there (meaning you can watch the blink in your minimize SL program and respond to someone's question or comment) and some merely want your "body" and you can work while you sleep in RL.

So look in the classifieds and find the type of job that will work for you!

Best of success in your new career.

Nope. I don't have a job to give. Dancing is a hard way to earn money, and it takes a fair investment up front. The good quality skin and shape that I mentioned aren't cheap, and neither is the wardrobe. I danced for a while but found that I had to spend a lot of my tips on costumes and other things. If you want "fast money", buy it on the Lindex.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.