Need Help for Fourlegger rig

vulgon1488304587

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.

i have downloaded the standard human Rig.

How is it possible to modify the Bonesrig to import meshes such as Dragons, Horses, Cats and so on ?

The only Rig i have found was the Standard human Bonesrig.

Is there anywhere an Anthromorph or Fourlegger Jointsrig for Download or do i have to use an custom rig ?

As far as i am informed custom Rigs do not work in SL.

i wanna use the meshes as my own avi thats why they should be wearable.

Custom rigs are not supported. They said it was high on their want list, or something like that. You should still be able to rig an animal with the default SL rig, but I have not done that yet to give you any input. Plus, I don't use Blender, if that is what you are using. I use 3ds Max, and besides a normally rigged avatar that I had to actually make the whole rig for, I haven't gotten anything scaled 1's to work at all. Many others have, like Ripped's monkey, and Maxtux's piggy.

No, custom rigs are not supported yet, and the unfortunate thing is they say they are because of the examples that Medhue pointed out. I myself have tried extensively with the Mac and a bootcamp Win7 versioins of the viewer and I am not able to get a scaled rig to upload. I have tried with Blender both and Mac and Win7, and Maya 2011 Mac and no avail on scaled or manipulated skeletons. I have however been able to upload a complete proportional skeleton at larger and smaller size and it comes in at the size of whatever shape I am wearing the same as anyother rig I have uploaded. Hope this helps :D

In that above example, did you ":reposition bones" rather than scale bones and make it work? There was a tab on the beta viewer that said "preserve bOne offsets" or some such is that the trick? I am a Maya Us34r planning on making skinned mesh Avatars, and would like some illumination on the project. I have experience rigging and binding characters for console gamnes, and the proceedure seems straight forward, but each game engine has it's "gotchyas"

Karl, I'm not a Maya user so I can't speak to that, but in Blender 2.49b  I both repositioned bones AND scaled them.  And I uploaded the mesh with the armature, so the option skin weights AND joint positions highlight and II check em off.  And it took about 40 hours over 4 days for me to get it right since I had NO previous rigging/skinning experience other then shrinking/scaling up the basic avie on the beta grid.  So its not all that simple, it wasn't for me at least, but at least its do-able. And now I'm exhausted :matte-motes-yawn:.

Another thing to mention is the walk animation is just one I had in inventory that I purchased somewhere.  It's a sexy walk that has a bit more hip movement which is cat like.   Alot of human walks have arm movements that match the quadraped (sp?) walk movements quite nicely.  Some of the dance animations look nice, also.  I'll probably end up making alot of my own cat animations, but its been fun picking thru my inventory and testing things out.

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.