Can anyone help me with this Rig?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Sommer, I sent you a fixed copy of the dress on Aditi, and a download link to the 3ds Max and dae files privately by IM.  It can use tweaks in geometry and vertex weights, but it's wearable.

What was messed up was the scale on both the bone set and dress.  They were not the right size (about 1.8 meters tall) nor standing on the 0,0,0 location, and different sizes from each other.  In Max I would use the "Reset Transforms" utility to normalize scale to 100% and rotations to 0 degrees. I dont use Maya myself, but there should be a similar function there.

Make sure you do the following steps or their equivalent (its what has worked for me at least in Max)

* System units should be meters or centimeters

* Item positioned with feet at the origin point (0,0,0), facing +Y direction, pivot located at 0,0,0 (not object center)

* Item sized to match bones, and both around human size of 1.8m tall head to toe

* Normalize all scaling and rotations to 100% and matching system XYZ axes at 0 rotation angles

* Collapse editing stack to leave just a pure mesh or editable polygon object, remove anything besides your model (like your clothing in this case), and bone set

* Apply a UV map and material so it's not invisible or untexturable.

* Rig (attach bone list and vertex weights) as the last step.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.