Accessories You Don’t Leave Home Without:

Lanas Criss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Kamala Dashuria wrote:

My bare feet from Slink. I am almost always barefoot after buying them. My Deeda glasses from Kg_s, I just have a thing for glasses. All of my outfits are co-ordinated around those two items which I only ever take off by accident (or if I'm dressing formally, which happens rarely, I wear shoes..ones with Slink feet). :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Interesting that you mentioned bare feet Kamala. As a newbie I had a hard time getting shoes to fit properly so I decided to just be a hippie & go barefooted all the time. Of course, the feet that come with the avvie are ugly, so a friend gave me a nice set of bare feet. (I don't think they're from Slink but not sure.) But with these bare feet I had the same problem making them fit, getting the tone to match the rest of me, etc., as I'd had with shoes. I've become more skilled at editing things as prims but at first, the move, rotate & stretch was driving me crazy. I would think I had it right, then change the camera angle & see that they weren't right at all. Seemed like it would take forever to get my feet, or a piece of jewelry, or a belt, etc., to fit right. I would just about have it right then do something dumb and it would be completely screwed up. My inworld time is precious and I simply hated "wasting" time getting something to fit properly rather than spending it flying, exploring, dancing or flirting, etc. When I couldn't get something right I would become very frustrated. When I did get it right, usually just by trial & error, I'd be very pleased with myself. But then a few days later when I was working on something else, I'd forget how I'd done it the first time and get even more frustrated all over again. I mention all this because I think that it sortuv sums up both the frustrations and delights of SL for a newbie.

We all go through that Jeanne.  SL definitely has a learning curve.  The great part is that once you master editing things to fit your avatar, you are just a step away from being able to start creating your own things. 

There used to be a video about building that was incredibly helpful even to just learn a few more ways to edit things and move your camera around, but I'm afraid I lost the link for it... besides that, it's pretty outdated anyway.  Why I even mentioned it is beyond me... but anyway...

@Kamala: Do they have men's feet?  I've been thinking about getting some myself.  But, what I'd really like is some men's feet that would enable me to have polished toenails... I do have my girlie side, after all.

belly-dance.gif

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.