Accessories You Don’t Leave Home Without:

Lanas Criss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorting through my inventory closet again (and again, and again) I noticed that plenty of my ‘work’ outfits had this funny little ‘Thinking Cap’ in their folder and I realized that I really don’t leave home without it when I’m working.

Thinking about that made me curious how many other folks had an accessory or two that followed them from outfit to outfit.  I also have a beautiful diamond necklace that seems to sneak into any formal wear I put together.

So what is it that you don’t leave home without?

Thinking Cap.png

I don't want to bore people too much with mine.... again.. lol

My Fractal Christmas Tree Bauble :)

Bauble.jpg

Originally I had it in my hand when I logged out once and upon returning thought wow I do like it. That was about a year and a half ago :-) There is something seriously amiss if I don't have it with me.

I have a turquoise stud in my nose that I almost never dispense with because it matches my eyes. Or at least almost never, because maybe once every several months I'll wear my regular diamond one.

Lately I haven't been able to get out of this hat I'm wearing in my badge photo either. It's to the point that I am accepting or rejecting outfits based on whether or not they work with my hat. That's no good!

Nails. Not always the same set, admittedly, or the same color, but I always have prim nails on anymore. (I will, very occasionally, dispense with them in an extremely high-lag, high-traffic area.) I just don't like the ones on my skin; they look a little jagged and uneven and kind of ugly; the only part of my skin I really don't like, but easy to cover with lovely nails.

My Sid Viciousesque chain and padlock makes it onto most of my outfits.  It was one of the free slave collars from Open Collar, but once I modified it (by taking out a few links, fitting it perfectly to my shape and changing the lock's body color from gold to silver) I realized I liked it so much that I just had to take the control scripts out of it so I could wear it without fear of being mistaken as a submissive.  Now I find myself wearing it most of the time.

collar.png

When I was much, much younger, in RL, I used to wear a real chain and padlock (like you'd get in a hardware store).  Talk about a heavy accessory... needless to say, I didn't wear it very often.  Luckily, the one in SL is a lot lighter and much easier to wear... I wonder why that is... lol.

...Dres

It's fun to see and hear what others carry around with them as part of their second selves... I can't imagine there's not some clever psychoanalysis to be done as to why we've attached ourselves to certain objects (pun kinda sorta intended)...

Enjoy Yourselves!

Lanas

Oh, you silly boy... if it's never done you any good it's obviously because you haven't paid enough money for it, or weren't open to the benefits of deeeeeppppp introspection, or that your anger issues prevent you from reaching that next important level... or maybe it was that you weren't being honest with yourself and your therapist... no wait it was because... oh whatever... never done me any good either, must be in good company.

Love you too... LaLa

My collar :)

kelly portrait.png

Apart from that, there's nothing I always wear. OK, there are tools - AO, flight feather, various HUDs - but they don't show up on my av. And there are favourite shoes & boots that I often come back to. The closest things after that are my tattoos, which I treat as real tattoos wherever possible, and keep on all the time.

Took a minute to snap a photo of the other 'accessory' I'd mentioned that follows my formal outfits routinely.  I have others that sparkle more, are bigger, brighter, any number of more conspicuous features, but this one is comfortable and never disappoints.  I should have gotten a close up, but I've already 'played' too much today... you'll simply have to imagine the wonderful snowflake shapes.

Diamonds.png

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

Ok.. totally derailing this topic for a moment...

Dres.. where did you get those eyes? They are stunning.. (I am becoming addicted to eyes, just another addiction to add to my ever growing shopping list)
;)

Wiki

Thanks... I never go anywhere without them... lol. 

I got them from Eddesign (link), they're called "Lemon Super Blue Eyes" and are in the old designs section.  It used to be the only place I ever got my eyes and though I've branched out since then I still wear these all the time.  I've tried getting new eyes for an update, but somehow these have become me and it's simply impossible to change them.

...Dres

• 3 weeks later...

I change clothing, jewelry, hair, tattoos, even eyes... but I always have my invisible dance chim, so I can dance whenever I want, and my physics, and sexy walk AO, and face lighter, and... ummm, what else? Basic female jesture AO. Guess that's about it. Oh yeah, flight accelerator, too. 

My bare feet from Slink. I am almost always barefoot after buying them. My Deeda glasses from Kg_s, I just have a thing for glasses. All of my outfits are co-ordinated around those two items which I only ever take off by accident (or if I'm dressing formally, which happens rarely, I wear shoes..ones with Slink feet). :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.