SL, please support the 64-bit Sony Vaio Operating System

Niko Carver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.. I can't get into the world.  I just got a new Sony Vaio with a 64-bit operating system, and it's unable to log on to SL now.  I have been on SL for a long time, I just got a new laptop.  A very common (I thought) Sony Vaio, with uppdated graphics driver and chipset etc, everything it requires... but SL does not support the 64 bit OS (only 32-bit)!  How can that be?!  Please, SL tech guys... this can't be a small thing, you gotta fix this asap! Thank you.  ~ Niko Carver

I assume since your Sony is a new computer that it's running Windows 7 64-bit. I've been using Windows 7 64-bit since it was a beta and SL's never had a problem with it. If you give a better description of what goes wrong when you try to log into SL you'll have a better chance at getting useful assistance. Odds are good that someone here has had a similar problem.

Windows 7 64 bit is used by a lot of people in Second Life.  One rare problem , with solution, is described here:

Windows 7 -- 64 bit -- Second Life -- No problems

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2010/08/windows-7-64-bit-second-life-no.html

Your problem is likely to be something else.  Please give the details of what happens when you try to log on and we will try to help.

TKR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.