How do I change my second life user name?

Najaii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

You can't.  Your user name is permanent, just like your Social Security number in RL.  If you want a different name, you have to open a new account (an alt).  You can also create a Display Name that many people will see in chat and in the tag over your head in world.  It's like a nickname in RL.  You still have to use your username for important things, but your friends will know that you really want to be called "Rocky", or whatever......

See >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Display-names/ta-p/700173

4 answers to this question

You can't.  Your user name is permanent, just like your Social Security number in RL.  If you want a different name, you have to open a new account (an alt).  You can also create a Display Name that many people will see in chat and in the tag over your head in world.  It's like a nickname in RL.  You still have to use your username for important things, but your friends will know that you really want to be called "Rocky", or whatever......

See >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Display-names/ta-p/700173

We should have been told, when first creating our accounts, that our user name would be on permanent "display". Most sites warn about this when first creating accounts. I was under the impression that my "display" name would be the one on display. This issue should be changed, resulting in clearer, better, communication with the users of the second life site.

You can always open a second account and spend more time in world as your alt. Fortunately for you, you have less than two weeks invested in your current account, so you can even abandon it completely if you want to. Transfer anything that you can to the new alt and get on with a revised SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.