AAARRRGGGHHHH

Antoinette Fitzpatrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody!

I hope someone can help me...let me start by saying that I tried the new SL viewer as soon as it became available and I deleted it immediately. Terribel, terrible viewer....anyhow..got back to the old one, all fine.

But now I got this cute little white dress but no shoes to go with it,.So I bought new shoes. so far so good. But...in the folder was something called ALPHA and apparently you have to wear this or else your feet will stick out, even though you wear a base. Problem is, you can only wear this if you use the new SL viewer! (Besides the fact that is worn as a shirt and dress only cam with a shirt so the shoes or of no use for the dres I bought them for.

Anyhow, I downloaded the new SL viewer again and as soon as I logged in, I was cloud. I had this problem before, long time ago, I think a lot of people did but never like this. I could not fix it! Changed back to the old viewer and still a cloud. Don't have the option for appearance when I'm a cloud. Cleared my cache. TP-ed everywhere. But no luck.

This sounds like a newbie question but really I'm not and don';t know what to do anymore!

Does anyone know what to do?

Does anyone know if i can wear the ALPHA thing with a different viewer besides the SL one? Emerald or Phoenix maybe?

Thank you all!!!

since emerald has been dead the past year you should try phoenix viewer or even better their new firestorm viewer with these you can wear alpha layers to de-cloud yourself you need to do a character test this is found under Advanced > character in firestorm i think it's under the avatar menu > avatar health you can also create a folder with a basic outfit (skin/shape/eyes/hairbase) right click that and select replace not add

i do have my own never fails fix for this you need to wait for your inventory to load check your worn items if your wearing shape/skin/clothes layers just put on a bald base otherwise re-bake ctrl + alt + r you will then look like noob wearing something called ruth hair fix (shape) find this right click edit when you get in appearance mode make a skin tweak it save it re-log try wearing your normal skin/shape/hair/hairbase/eyes/clothing layers it should work it always does for me and you haven't had to start your av from scratch

Try downloading & using one of the Third Party Viewers that uses alpha layers. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

The Phoenix viewer is very popular & stable. It uses modified Viewer 1 code & can use single alpha layers (not layered layers).

The Firestorm Viewer uses Viewer 2 code, uses alpha layers, allows you to modify your user interface, but is in Beta & still a bit crashy.

You really should have given viewer 2 a proper test out. You could just have been in basic mode, which makes a lot of limitations.

Otherwise try firestorm, but you`ll note that its a lot more like viewer 2 than you may have expected. At the very least give that a good test out.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.