All groups are gone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I checked the grid status but can't find a thing. All my groups have dissapeared and I can't acces my profile inworld. Ofcourse I checked my profile outside of sl and it looks fine... all the groups still seem to be there. Anyone knows what the heck is going on? I'm a manager and dancer at a club and can't even work because I can't log in to the tipjars without my tag!

I did notice stuff loads slower...I have a theory they shuffle around what loads first, second and so on. THen, you think stuff is fixed when your favorite thing to use is done, and then some other guy is like "This worked before! What the heck!" lol. Of course, this is not exactly that case....but triage when bandwidth, CPU cycles, Bus speed cycles(ok this one is more complex than mhz...but whatever) and SL servers priorities. In Debian you most likely can 'nice' a process to a lower or higher priority. This means the operating system (debian, well...some of SL servers run that...right?) will make processes more aggressive at not getting interupted while working than others. But, I don't know..I know just enough to sound like a n00b and just enough to not sound like a n00b at the same time...depends how much the other person knows.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to be a bug that is spreading,  I`ve seen people reporting the same thing for the last couple of days, where they can login in but varying degrees of stuff is missing groups, contacts, music, voice, crashing on TP etc. Doesn`t seem to just be one viewer either, so it could be a server issue.

I have only found 2 JIRAs filed so far, I would add your comments to whichever one seems to match your case best & give as much detail as possible as neither of these 2 gave a lot for the devs to go on.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26796

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26806

EDIT: someone else with the same problem posted this fix you could try: 

UPDATE: after exhausting every fix i could find, a friend suggested it was my firewall, so i reset default settings, turned off the firewall, rebooted the computer, turned the firewall back on and logged into SL and it was fixed!

hope this helps someone else.  ~Emm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.