Fastest way to sell L$?

tinkywinky Zepp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been a SL user for almost 4 years now, selling L$ used to be such a quick and simple process with XstreetSL.. 1 click and the money appears in Paypal literally a few seconds later.

But since XstreetSL closed and Marketplace was born.... it now takes a about a week!! is there another way of selling L$ that i'm missing? because waiting a week is ridiculous. 

Pamela Galli wrote:

I registered at Virwox recently but the rate was terrible compared to Lindex (USD) and I could find no info about lower fees that might offset that. I heard there is a reduced fee for high volume sellers, but no info about that either.

The US$ rate at Virwox is really not that great. Of course you can place a limit order at any rate, but it's questionable if an offer at a typical LindeX rate will ever be filled. For me, Virwox is more attractive because PayPal uses a pretty low conversion rate from US$ to Euro, and I can often get 2 or 3 bucks more if I exchange directly into Euro.

For example, if I were to sell 20k L$ on the LindeX at a rate of L$250 per $, I'd effectively pay L$259 thanks to the additional handling charge that Peewee mentioned. My proceeds would be $77, which Paypal converts into a mere 52 Euro. On Virwox, I currently pay L$369 per Euro, so I'd get 53 Euro for my 20k and instant PayPal withdrawal to boot. However, their US$ exchange rate of L$268 is quite outrageous.

Thanks PeeWee -- so there is no fee?

Yes, Ishy, I have been selling at 248 on Lindex so 268 on Virox does not look too good unless the fee is reduced -- and the Lindex fee is pretty substantial. But just can't find enough info to be able to compare.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Thanks PeeWee -- so there is no fee?

Yes, Ishy, I have been selling at 248 on Lindex so 268 on Virox does not look too good unless the fee is reduced -- and the Lindex fee is pretty substantial. But just can't find enough info to be able to compare.

There is only 1 fee L$>GBP instead of 2 on Lindex  L$>US$ and US$>GBP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.