Can anyone tell me why some locations seem closed to me?

Shania Adder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Would be helpful to know what error message you get. Sim owners will lock down their sims for lots of reasons.  Could be age verification, no payment info on file, wrong group etc.

Hmmm, even a failed teleport gives a message in most viewers.  Sorry I don't run Emergence so I can't tell you if this is a viewer problem or sim problem.

--Cinn

3 answers to this question

Would be helpful to know what error message you get. Sim owners will lock down their sims for lots of reasons.  Could be age verification, no payment info on file, wrong group etc.

Hmmm, even a failed teleport gives a message in most viewers.  Sorry I don't run Emergence so I can't tell you if this is a viewer problem or sim problem.

--Cinn

Many estates on SL are closed to anyone but members of the group that owns them.  College campuses, for example, are often closed except to faculty and students.  Some companies do the same thing if they have sims that are for conferences or meeting space.  And some people just like being able to sunbathe in private.   :smileywink:

I don't think Emergence is maintained any more, so teleport failures wouldn't surpise me.   Why not try another viewer -- if you really don't want a V2-based viewer, I would recommend Singularity or Rainbow (which has come out of hibernation), which both look and feel very much like Emergence.   So does Phoenix, of course, but I find that viewer considerably slower and more buggy than the other two.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.