"Everyone" receiving group dividends. How can i make it so that just owners and officers may reciev

Mae Liamano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a store VIP group that you must pay 50L to join, but in return I send out group items from my store. I have been getting IMs from people who've joined the group saying that they recieve group dividends. How can I stop this, or is it even possible to stop? Thankyou!

2 answers to this question

That is connected to the group liabilities:

Group liability

If a group member has the Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends ability associated with their role, that member automatically pays an equal share of group costs with the other group members with the same ability. In turn, that same group member automatically receives an equal share of L$ that get paid to the group. If nobody in the group has this ability, then group liabilities are paid by and dividends are paid to the group's owner (the group's owner always has all abilities).

Exception:

• If there are no enabled accounts in the group that have the Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends ability, then liabilities and dividends will be spread evenly between group members.
32px-KBtip.png Tip: If you are planning to join a Linden owned group, check to see if that group participates inworld with liabilities and dividends before joining.

For example, using the Options tab of the About Land window, group-owned land can be set to display in the Places tab of the Search window, which incurs a L$30/week charge per parcel. This charge is divided among all group members who have the ability Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends (in the Accounting category of group abilities) enabled in at least one of their roles.

Periodic assessment of this liability is the reason some Residents may occasionally log in to discover negative L$ balances on their inworld accounts.

Group liabilities are also explained in this video tutorial:

How group dividends are calculated

Group dividends are divided equally amongst all group members who have the Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends ability associated with their role. Likewise, all group liabilities are also spread evenly between group members with this ability.

If nobody in the group has this ability, then group liabilities and dividends are paid to the group's owner (the group's owner always has all abilities).

Exception:

• If there are no enabled accounts in the group that have the Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends ability, then liabilities and dividends will be spread evenly between group members.
32px-KBtip.png Tip: If you are planning to join a Linden owned group, check to see if that group participates inworld with liabilities and dividends before joining.

For more information about group abilities, see Group Roles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.