Getting texture that matches my skin?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not a creator, at all, rarely do much modding, but I've discovered a need to find a texture that matches my current skin, particularly the color over the stomach, to apply to some sculpties. I understand that this can be done using tools like photoshop, etc., but I don't have any of these programs on my computer. Is there still a way for me to do it? Or do I have to find someone and pay them to help me? Thanks!

• Like 1

The color of your skin isn't constant.  It varies with the time of day, the angle of sunlight striking it (or depth of shadows if the sun doesn't strike it), and the color and intensity of any artificial local light sources.  And of course any skin designer doesn't make your skin a pasty monochrome color either.  Skin is shaded.  So, you can certainly get a sample measurement of the color at any moment  (Go to Advanced (CTRL + Alt + D) >> UI  >> Show Color Under Cursor ). You can plug those numbers into the color window in the Texture page of your Edit tool to paint that color on whatever object you select.  You don't need an external program like Photoshop to do that.  Just don't expect a perfect match.

• Like 1

I always use textures wherever possible. Tinting prims only works if there are no light sources nearby, which tend to wash out and whiten the color.

In order to get a texture sample, I'd switch to a Windlight setting that brightens your skin as much as possible and removes all shadows (such as the Windlight preset "AnaLu Studio 5" in Phoenix or Firestorm), then take a photo of the stomach region of your avatar, and cut out a small portion of this image in Gimp or any other free image editor.

/me highjacks thread to ask a related question to OP.

I like your solution using the tool available under the 'Advance Option'

Rolig Loon wrote:

"..... (Go to Advanced (CTRL + Alt + D) >> UI  >> Show Color Under Cursor ). You can plug those numbers into the color window in the Texture page of your Edit tool to paint that color on whatever object you select......."

Kinda personel- I've been wanting to match my 'bits and peices' to my body skin. If I'm reading your solution correctly-this method will come very close to matching up the color of my 'bits and peices' (male parts) to my surrounding skin color?

Confession of a goofball :P I was seriously considering asking the maker/merchant of my skin for a texture swatch :matte-motes-agape: WHAT?!

*rolling eyes-silly Mathurin* :matte-motes-nerdy:

Rolig, I can see the merchants face now-If I had ask that question lol

/me hides

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.