region handshake freeze. sl locks up at the region handshake process.

ElizabethAnne Bashly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi Elizabeth,

Firstly, WTG for all your testing!! 

The one thing that isn`t clear is if the "different computer" was on the same connection, because otherwise there is nothing that all those things would have in common to be getting the same error....Well apart from yourself & I`m pretty sure it can`t be that lol

Peerguardian can cause that error so disable that if you use it.

Do a completely clean install of Phoenix as described in http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall & I would create a brand new alt if you didn`t already to test with.

If they still fail then you can rule out viewer, acccount & grid as possible causes and it has to be you connection or network.  Try plugging the cable into a different socket on your Router, anything is worth a try at this point & if you want to be sure that is where the problem is, see if you can login on a friend or family member`s computer with your newbie alt (you can download a lightweight client such as Radegast to test on if they don`t want a full SL download on their computer).

2 answers to this question

Hi Elizabeth,

Firstly, WTG for all your testing!! 

The one thing that isn`t clear is if the "different computer" was on the same connection, because otherwise there is nothing that all those things would have in common to be getting the same error....Well apart from yourself & I`m pretty sure it can`t be that lol

Peerguardian can cause that error so disable that if you use it.

Do a completely clean install of Phoenix as described in http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall & I would create a brand new alt if you didn`t already to test with.

If they still fail then you can rule out viewer, acccount & grid as possible causes and it has to be you connection or network.  Try plugging the cable into a different socket on your Router, anything is worth a try at this point & if you want to be sure that is where the problem is, see if you can login on a friend or family member`s computer with your newbie alt (you can download a lightweight client such as Radegast to test on if they don`t want a full SL download on their computer).

ElizabethAnne Bashly wrote:

oh and no peer guardian or anything like that

today i tried to log in from a friends house and it worked fine

is there any place to find answers that arent the stock sl replies? this is getting frustratung and the lack of help from LL is really annoying

I can appreciate the frustration of not being able to log in, but as you have now proved it is not actually an LL problem, since you can login from your friends house it is not a problem with SL or with your account.

That just leaves your connection and your computer. Personally I would do a system restore on my computer, back to when it worked & then you will know for sure it is your connection that is causing the problem. If you friend is feeling super helpful, borrow their router/modem & test that on your connection, so if it doesn`t work you know it is not your own router at fault.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.