How can I change my Graphics for the game when it won't let me in

Raeynaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Was playing around with my graphics while in game, it made me crash so I figured ''Okay, log back in and change it back.'' Now it won't let me log in at all because my graphics card is not updated and I'm not the one for technical stuff. I wondered if there is a way to reset it back to my ordinary graphics without going in game. I've even reinstalled it. The game worked perfectly fine with low graphics, so I just want to get it back to that. Please help, thanks.

2 answers to this question

You might try installing a "different" viewer (1.235 or a third party viewer). Those would in theory not "remember" what you set in your graphics preferences. If you are not willing to install the most recent update for your graphics card manually, you might want to let AutoUpdate (in Windows) do that for you. Eventually you might be able to use a higher setting. Alas, the video card is most often the weak link in the computer system for SL as it really wants hefty ones.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

You can open your Preferences from the login screen without actually logging in.  Just type CTRL + P.   Then you should be able to go to the Graphics tab and set your resolution back to something lower and safer.  Once that's done, close Preferences and you should be able to log in.  Please let us know if you still have trouble.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.