paying the tier to keep the private estate running for the owner that has passed away suddenly

Ling Hotshot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello. The owner of The private Estate island of Benares ( Brinda Allen ) has passed away suddenly from liver cancer.

Before she passed she wanted to set it up with the Linden Lab people to allow me to purchase the island for a $1 L each to keep her dream and passion alive and so not to leave the residences there homeless.

She took a sudden turn for the worst and was kept on heavy doses of Morphine which kept her from doing as she normally would have .  I do have chat logs with our conversations of her wishes for me to take care of her Estates.  Its not completely necessary for me to own them if I can at least pay the tier and keep it going for as long as I can would be sufficient . She indicated she would leave enough money also to keep it going for at least 3 years,  I know that is not something Linden Labs could help me with  but if somebody could help me to find out when payments are due.. How much is each payment that would help so many of us that reside on Benares

Please let me know.. My email for my sl account is Ling_chow33@yahoo.com and my sl email is Ling.hotshot.sl@gmail.com

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Ling Hotshot

Benares Estates Manager

3 answers to this question

I am very sorry for your loss. I would start by contacting Billing and telling them about your situation and see what they have to say about this. I hope you get someone nice and caring on the line. They are open 24/7 here are the numbers:

The billing team is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

• US/Canada: 800-294-1067
  • France: 0805-101-490
  • Germany: 0800-664-5510
  • Japan: 0066-33-132-830
  • Portugal: 800-814-450
  • Spain: 800-300-560
  • UK: 0800-048-4646

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277

Hi Ling, Sorry for your loss.

If Brinda left a US$ credit on her account, then the tier fees will be automatically deducted from that each month, so there would be no need for you to do anything.

Unfortunately prior arrangement needs to made with LL for you to transfer the sims to your name & they would require a copy of the death certificate to action such a bequest.

You don`t mention if you know if her RL family are aware of her account or not. When her bank accounts get closed, obviously the payment info on her account will no longer be valid, LL won`t be too concerned with that provided the US$ balance covers the fees, but if her family send in a death certificate, LL will likely close her account, at least that is what they did in the couple of cases I have seen, even when an SL business partner pleaded with them not to.

I'm sorry this has happened.  You won't be able to solve the problem within SL, or even just with a support ticket to LL.  I hope you have a way of contacting her family in RL, as her executor or heirs will have to make the arrangements to sell the sims to you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.