Objects are completely invisible for no apparent reason.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there.  So my viewer updated a while back to the latest Viewer 2 version, and when I logged on and went to browse through my outfits, most of the digitigrade legs are invisible, and in one instance the entire head is invisible.  (Note that these are prim objects.) Their transparency says 0%, but when I change it to anything other than 0 - even 1% - they become properly textured (Plus slightly transparent, which is enough to annoy me.)  Is this client-side, or what's the issue?  I cleared my cache, and it didn't change anything.

I hope that I'm not the only person who's had this, because now 50% of my outfits are pretty much useless.

1 answer to this question

You are not the only one having this problem with the most recent Viewer updates.  I am looking for solutions to this also.  Objects that become invisible just after they are rezzed may or may not pop back into view later.  I think I am seeing this only with objects that contain an alpha texture such as plants.

I don't have time to try to debug Linden Lab software or track down solutions other users may have posted in their Jira bug database.  It's really frustrating that the forced updates of the official Viewer keeps breaking so many things.  You just can't trust this mess to work on any given day.  You can't schedule a meaningful demo of this platform because you never know whether it will be so broken it will make you look as completely unprofessional as LL does.  grrrr.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.